HI All!

March 1, 2019 marked my 1 year Tofacitinib.

Either Xeljanz and or Generic Tofacinix from Beacon Pharma in Bangladesh.

Started on 10mg per day and bumped up to 15 mg per day in August of 2018.

I saw my doc at Columbia University in NYC on my 1 year mark.

He drew my labs and everything came back great!

I've currently been on 3 pills per day of Tofacinix (approx 15mg per day with probable slight dosage variation due to it being a generic)

My doc has me starting to wean off the meds, here is his plan for me:

I went down to 2 pills per day (10 mg per day) starting March 1,2019

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to go down to 1 pill per day.

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to try to go off completely.

Update on Pfizer Xeljanz co-pay coupon. The Co-Pay coupon is now 3 months FREE

You can use it once per year. It wasn't free for me last year, but it is now!

I called in and activated the coupon with Pfizer and next day walked out of the pharmacy in NYC with 180 free pills of Xeljanz. So I will be on the name brand for 3 months and then will switch back to my stockpile of Beacon generic.

No side effects. Current pics below. Last time I buzzed was Dec 16, 2018

Also a baseline pic from March 1, 2018

Thanks for all of your support guys and wishing everyone here healing in whatever way it comes.

Love of love,

N

Views: 42738

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and how much mg of olumiant? because you may have a high dose of jakavi and when you have gone under olumiant you have decreased the dose. how much mg do you take olumiant? because 40mg of jakavi must be equal to the dose you take with olumiant that's why I ask you the dose you took olumiant because it may not be olumiant that was not effective but its dosage

because all taking jakavi if you would have taken 20 mg a day you could have had a fall too, your doctor would have had to make a similarity of dosage between olumiant and jakavi as olumiant dose is 2mg or 4mg a day.
I advise you to take xeljanz to 20mg is if you have patch make steroids injections it will help regrowth

I took 4 mg on Olumiant.

If we say this 40 mg of Jakavi, what does that correspond to in Olumiant and Xeljanz respectively? Grateful for answers!

honestly I do not know but I would say start at 20mg of xeljanz and see how you support it by monitoring with blood tests the maximum dose is 20mg for xeljanz.
it is no more dangerous than jakavi and olumiant they are inhibitor jak.
if the regrowth does not come you can add steroid pulses but or injection it depends if you have big patch or not.
already starts at 20 mg of xeljanz 2 tablet in the morning and two at night I advise you to take it during the meal me it avoids me stomach pains look how it evolus gives him 4 months to see if it is effective or not .
if you need advice we are there.

Okay thanks! I have seen people that takes 15 Mg of Xeljanz and their hair has come back quickly. Maybe 15 mg it’s a good start.

So today I started with 15 mg Xeljanz everyday. Hopefully my hair comes back.

Just received my first box from Beacon. The packaging seems very legitimate. Should I get the pills tested? If so how would I go about doing that? Also, besides the normal blood work, is there anything in particular I should have my doctor looking for? Sorry for the ramble lol

3 of us have had it tested its good and it works.

in france, cali, and new england labs.

just get a full lab panel and make sure everything looks good.

I just had mine all good.

Anyone who has recently received an order from Beacon, what is the expiration date on the pills? Trying to stock up on some but want to make sure I don't end up over ordering.

Received yesterday. Expiration date 3/21.

Thanks! That's the same date as the order I received in April. Wonder how often the make a new batch. I think I remember reading somewhere on here that it might be 3 months?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service