I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@chris  yes i will do health check up after 2-3 months , i have done so many checkups last year to see whats going on with my body after taking glucocorticoid ( betamethasone) ./.but my body normalised after 1 month of stopping betamethasone../.my face was mess after using glucocorticoid ( betamethasone )  i had done liposuction to make it look normal again..i would rather  be bald with normal face 

yes i am taking 10 mg biotin..doctor seems to  not care much when i told her i am using biotin 10 mg a day...5 mg in morning and 5 mg in  noon works better than taking all at once 

no i havent told any doc i am using bari ..i am just too mad at this disease so i am willing to take risk this last time. i just have told him please look at this new drug baricitinib..he will be surprised if he come to know i have ordered it from china and even using it lol 

yes he says PRP is ok but results are not for long...but i think with bari  , prp result will last longer for an AU person.  

baricitinib cost me around 300 usd  for a gram ..easy to find china vendors who sell it 

yes i am taking  10 mg ..but sometimes twice a day sometimes only once a day ..i havent notice any physical problem yet..my libido is tip top hunger is ok sleep is  good as always and as usual i do get depressed sometimes for few hours but my responsibilities push me . 

i am 100% sure i will have all my hair back IF i do PRP but recenty i had huge loss in business so i might not able to  fly to other city to get prp done .  maybe after 2 month i will go . 

i have done prp+ steroid shot and i had complete hair growth...my growth was so intense  doc was amazed ..very thick eyebrows too  ..i will add pic of me after 3 month of 3 prp sessions ...but i cant go fly to that far city every month and lose money so i stopped  but i think i dont have any other way then going there atleast once every 2 month or wait for my local doc to start prp.  prp+baricitinib  will be good combo i think so i am seeing forward to get prp again . 

yes i take vit d . 

my pics after using prp for 2 months ( 3 sessions )...i was almost bald before that  ...i have get it done from a doc who is very good . he changed my life but unfortuantly i m not able to afford spending so much money flying  every month and prp fees  currently . 

you can see my eyebrows connecting to my heads hair also you can see hair on my forehead ( those are  because of minoxidil ) 

also you can notice my swollen face..thats because of using betamethasone for years and minoxidil also make face swollen i think i m not very sure ..so i avoid using minoxi 

Attachments:

woow incredible...amazing! How much cost a prp and is it no side effects?

A question i read that in all trials baracitinib is super sure also after 15 months of use, and i n Europe at difference of Xelijanz, it will be approved cause it's sure, so my question is why you will use only 2 months ? 

And another question, sorry for all these questions, like you take it in pills? after eat?

thank you very much to help me i'm  in my first week whit xelijanz( turkish) and it's work but i have only for 2 months, so to me would be very good buy baracitinib for cost and also for the no sides effects...thank you to help people like me :-)

Amazing results and after such a small time frame. If you can provide links to how we can source baracitinib for ourselves it would be greatly appreciated. I have a doctor who can provide blood tests 2-3 months in order to facilitate health monitoring 

aladdin stated in his post that the picture is after 2 months of PRP, not bariticinib. 

He provided some information on sourcing bariticinib elsewhere in this thread. self medication is dangerous and should be approached with extreme caution

My apologies. My fault for reading to quickly and yes I completely agree that self medicating is hazardous at best and should always be avoided. 

Also is it taken like xeljanz pills? What lenght of treatment can you secure on the $300 1 gram ? 

BTW , Sorry readers if we are off the xeljanz topic here , maybe it would be useful to start another thread on this treatment. 

Is anyone doing cortisone injections along with Xeljanz? I've been doing them for about 7 months now and am wondering if the injections are the reason my growth is delayed... any thoughts?

I have been on Xeljanz since last July. Just this past week I went to the dermatologist and got cortisone injections in my eyebrows (I've had only about 10 total dark hairs grow back, the rest is white blonde but not really defined eyebrows.) My dermatologist also gave me some injections on the side of my scalp. I'll keep everyone posted!

======================================================================================

nicholas

prp is 250 usd for whole head in india..some clinic offer 150 usd for whole heads prp but they dont use injectable anesthetic and its painful..i go to a doc who  first injtect me local ansthetic since prp injection are painfull..some doc will even make u sleep using anesthesia  for 1 hour then they inject it...ts more painful than steroid shots mind you . 

.yes 0 side effect ..it take 1 hour to get done.. but needs to be done every 45 days-60  days to mainten growth  ...but prp should be activated  with cacl 2 or thombrine before injecting in head otherwise it has zero effect..if its activated results are intense . some retard doc in my town dont activate it and just inject and then says prp is waste lol...its not...first activate it you idiot . she wasted my money ! while the other doc  who lives far activate and he is winner of many awards , he is always very confident . 

i want to use for 2 month on and 2 month off so my body dont get used to it. i  feel prp will boost these tiny miny hair..hair growth feels so slow ..prp  speed up hair growth extremely if done correctly

i am surprised more people dont know about it. .  but i really feel prp goes well with   baricitinib or xel.

yes i take it by measuring 10-15 mg  as powdered form . make sure to get proper weighing machine...i just lick the powder off  and i take dose after big breakfast in the early morning . 

1 gram will last  100 days if you take 10 mg a day. so around 250-300 usd for 3 month dose so like 90 usd for  a month supply

==========================================================================================

bibby

i can"t give specific vendor i ordered from as if u dont find it effective i may get blamed that i am their agent lol

also try to get a vendor who has trust seal and an old vendor..just searching baricitinib china will get you lots of supplier

check reputation before ordering.

1 gram will last 100 days but ..a vendor was offering me 5 gram for like 600 usd but i told him give me 1 gram for 300 usd lol and i bough

another guy told me 700 usd for 2 gram so i bought 1  gram from there too i was desperate  lol.

i hope i will get done PRP soon and  boom . full hair growth again . 

Aladdin, why don't you start a new discussion on PRP? What is it? Also include your progress with Barticinib from China and PRP on it. Thanks

i have other questions sorry :

how i can calculate 10 mc every day..and i must take them in a pill or in another way? 

how have you made?

can you help?

the site where are factories that sell baricitinib is amazon or alibaba?

i read this study made whit a lot of people(1000) ony one let the cure and in palcebo half also one let the cure so this drougs HAS NOT SIDES EFFECT ...

Also in this study they give to people 1 time a day cuase the drougs is not like xelijanz that work 12 hours it work 24 hours so better you take it a time a day no 2 times

it's in italian but sure a lot of other trials made in Usa or other countries 

http://www.lilly.it/it/area-stampa/articoli/baricitinib-un-innovati...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service