Hi!
OK I have had alopecia since I was 15, I have always worn synthetic mono top wigs. I am ready for a better one. I want to swim and not worry about it. I want to have fun and not worry about it. I am sick of saying "I can't do that" when my son asks me to go down the water slides.
So please give me your advice on Vacuum wigs! Which ones do you have? Which are good? What were the costs around?
I have only really looked into the Freedom wig, and I love it, but I don't know if I can afford it. Are there any sort of payment plans??

Thank you!

-Erin

Views: 29812

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

do you wear tape with your mono when you swim?

http://www.wigsite.com/specialty2.html

This is the site I ordered it from. You can order it and sew it in or have it sewn in by them. I ordered it but wonder if it is sewn in right, I think I will order my next wig from them and have it sewn in to see how they do it and all!
But basically it is a silicone type thing and it goes under on the cap and it kinda sticks to your head!

Aslo, just wanted to add I am trying this swim cap, which looks more comfy than a latex swim cap. Has anyone else tried this out? http://nammuhats.com/

Hi Deb
I have two of the nammu hats and they work great. I wear a halo hair piece under it so that it looks like I have hair. I swim and wakeboard in it and it stays on.

oh thanks for sharing, those do look comfortable. I ordered some swim caps and find them so tight and odd feeling.

Hi, Like you I thought about the freedom wigs, but I still have some hair, and not sure if I want to shave it all right now, I did go with a Follea Gripper, I have not gotten it yet, but should have it by the end of the month. The cost was really up there, and I'm hoping that I made a good choice, they are about half the cost of the freedoms, and that played a role along with still having some hair in my decision. The consultant/stylist that I met with, said I do not have to shave my head right now if I don't want to in order to wear it, I do think It would fit better without hair tho, we will see. I have only one synthetic wig I bought several years ago but have barely worn, I'm trying to wear it now to get use to having a wig on, I hope that you do get use to them, I just feel so much like I have a wig on. I checked out a site that someone posted on here of wig reviews and she does a great job of showing the wigs on. Because I live in an area with only a few wig shops really far away from me, I have not had the chance to just go check them out much. I hope you are happy with your choice, be sure and post some pics when you are in it:)

I just ordered my first real human hair wig at NZ$1400. Way cheaper and it has the elastic so should sit snugly. Have also found this online http://www.voguewigs.com/comfy-grip-deluxe-band.html but am yet to decide if I want to order it. I don't need it with any of my synthetic wigs as I don't have a problem with them staying on my head, even if head banging! To be honest I think Freedom wigs are beautiful and everything but very overrated and over priced. And the fact that you had to shave everything right down was a huge put off. I have everything shaved apart from what's left of my fringe and I just put a clip in hair piece to fill it out a bit and chuck a hat on if I don't want to wear my wigs. Also I want to be able to grow out what was coming in in case my AA gets better and that would render a freedom wig useless.

A my friend bouth it and it's wonderful

http://newlacecu.com/product/vacuum-wig-russians-hair/

Newlifehair.com, Karen Peterik is the agent for my area, just met with her yesterday and ordered my first piece. Her website can give you alot of info.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service