Views: 14817

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here another article i meet (about t cells)

Highlights

• We prove the safety and feasibility of a two-treatment approach with SCE therapy.
  • The percentage of naïve CD4+ and TCM cells were increased, but the percentage of CD4+ TEM and CD8+ TEMcells were declined.
  • The expression of CCR7 on naïve T and TCM cells were markedly increased.

The current studies demonstrated the safety and feasibility of a two-treatment approach with Stem Cell Educator therapy and well tolerated in all subjects, without significantly changing the numbers and ratios of different cell compartments in the subjects' immune system. Both the percentage of CD4+ and CD8+ effector memory T cells were substantially decreased in the peripheral blood of T1D subjects, whereas the percentage of CD4+ central memory T cells was markedly and constantly increased. These findings provide a solution to alter the autoimmune memory compartment in T1D, while mitigating safety and ethical concerns associated with conventional immune therapies.

Abstract

Background

Type 1 diabetes (T1D) is a T cell-mediated autoimmune disease that causes a deficit of pancreatic islet β cells. The complexities of overcoming autoimmunity in T1D have contributed to the challenges the research community faces when devising successful treatments with conventional immune therapies. Overcoming autoimmune T cell memory represents one of the key hurdles.

Methods

In this open-label, phase 1/phase 2 study, Caucasian T1D patients (N = 15) received two treatments with the Stem Cell Educator (SCE) therapy, an approach that uses human multipotent cord blood-derived multipotent stem cells (CB-SCs). SCE therapy involves a closed-loop system that briefly treats the patient's lymphocytes with CB-SCs in vitro and returns the “educated” lymphocytes (but not the CB-SCs) into the patient's blood circulation. This study is registered with ClinicalTrials.govNCT01350219.

Findings

Clinical data demonstrated that SCE therapy was well tolerated in all subjects. The percentage of naïve CD4+ T cells was significantly increased at 26 weeks and maintained through the final follow-up at 56 weeks. The percentage of CD4+ central memory T cells (TCM) was markedly and constantly increased at 18 weeks. Both CD4+ effector memory T cells (TEM) and CD8+ TEM cells were considerably decreased at 18 weeks and 26 weeks respectively. Additional clinical data demonstrated the modulation of C–C chemokine receptor 7 (CCR7) expressions on naïve T, TCM, and TEM cells. Following two treatments with SCE therapy, islet β-cell function was improved and maintained in individuals with residual β-cell function, but not in those without residual β-cell function.

Interpretation

Current clinical data demonstrated the safety and efficacy of SCE therapy in immune modulation. SCE therapy provides lasting reversal of autoimmune memory that could improve islet β-cell function in Caucasian subjects.

Funding

Obra Social “La Caixa”, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Red de Investigación Renal, European Union FEDER Funds, Principado de Asturias, FICYT, and Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation.

Alopecia friends...  I've been to China twice for this treatment.  Once in August of last year (2015) and once over the Thanksgiving holiday (November). To this day I haven't seen any hair improvement from the treatment.  Although I did have aches in my feet and knees that had developed over the last several years that disappeared after the first treatment and has never come back.  hmmm

I'm a mid 40's guy who has been AU for 5 years.  I found out about this treatment last year around June.  I immediately contacted several of the doctors one being Dr. Zhao.  He's a wonderful man who it completely compassionate to our condition.  After many labs and filling out all kinds of release forms I travels to Shijiazhuang China, via Beijing.  For all I'd heard about the pollution I was not at all prepared for how bad it was.  So sad and depressing.  But the people and food were amazing. 

The first time I went it was a breeze.  It's a three day process all together.  On Wednesday I got pre labs to get my blood count so they could calibrate the machine.  Thursday I got the treatment which takes from about 8:15am to about 5:30pm.  The only pain is that you are laying on your back that entire time.  You can go to the bathroom about noon after they take the tube that is taking the blood out of you out of your arm.  Otherwise you are on your back.. I'm a side sleeper so this was really REALLY tough.  But for hair...anything.  I felt a little tired after, but went back to the hotel and slept great.  Friday morning I was back to the hospital to get post labs and then you're done. 

My second trip was not so easy.  About 6 hours into the treatment I starting having an allergic reaction and had to stop.  They gave me a quick shot and after about 45 minutes I was back to normal.  The doctor said I probably got 80% of the treatment that time. 

In speaking with the hospital doctor in China (semi through my translator) he said that the girl in the pictures was the best case of all the people they treated.  He said it works wonders with diabetes and some other auto immune things...but that every case is different and that it usually takes 3 or more treatments.

I still do think this procedure has promise...and I asked several times if I could do several days while I was there.  They were just not comfortable doing that.  Personally I think that is how it will work.  The more cells that are trained...the more of a chance at reversing the condition. 

In the process I spoke with one of the doctors from the cell lab in Florida (can't remember the name off hand) and he said they were really focused on the diabetes angle first.  I really have been off the radar on this so I'm not sure what stages the trials are at.  All the doctors kept saying that the FDA was being very difficult and that they were going to have to go through a bunch of red tape.  (shocker!!). 

I don't want to be Debbie Downer... just wanted to share my experience.  Happy to answer any questions anyone might have. 

Skip

Alopecia friends...  I've been to China twice for this treatment.  Once in August of last year (2015) and once over the Thanksgiving holiday (November). To this day I haven't seen any hair improvement from the treatment.  Although I did have aches in my feet and knees that had developed over the last several years that disappeared after the first treatment and has never come back.  hmmm

I'm a mid 40's guy who has been AU for 5 years.  I found out about this treatment last year around June.  I immediately contacted several of the doctors one being Dr. Zhao.  He's a wonderful man who it completely compassionate to our condition.  After many labs and filling out all kinds of release forms I travels to Shijiazhuang China, via Beijing.  For all I'd heard about the pollution I was not at all prepared for how bad it was.  So sad and depressing.  But the people and food were amazing. 

The first time I went it was a breeze.  It's a three day process all together.  On Wednesday I got pre labs to get my blood count so they could calibrate the machine.  Thursday I got the treatment which takes from about 8:15am to about 5:30pm.  The only pain is that you are laying on your back that entire time.  You can go to the bathroom about noon after they take the tube that is taking the blood out of you out of your arm.  Otherwise you are on your back.. I'm a side sleeper so this was really REALLY tough.  But for hair...anything.  I felt a little tired after, but went back to the hotel and slept great.  Friday morning I was back to the hospital to get post labs and then you're done. 

My second trip was not so easy.  About 6 hours into the treatment I starting having an allergic reaction and had to stop.  They gave me a quick shot and after about 45 minutes I was back to normal.  The doctor said I probably got 80% of the treatment that time. 

In speaking with the hospital doctor in China (semi through my translator) he said that the girl in the pictures was the best case of all the people they treated.  He said it works wonders with diabetes and some other auto immune things...but that every case is different and that it usually takes 3 or more treatments.

I still do think this procedure has promise...and I asked several times if I could do several days while I was there.  They were just not comfortable doing that.  Personally I think that is how it will work.  The more cells that are trained...the more of a chance at reversing the condition. 

In the process I spoke with one of the doctors from the cell lab in Florida (can't remember the name off hand) and he said they were really focused on the diabetes angle first.  I really have been off the radar on this so I'm not sure what stages the trials are at.  All the doctors kept saying that the FDA was being very difficult and that they were going to have to go through a bunch of red tape.  (shocker!!). 

I don't want to be Debbie Downer... just wanted to share my experience.  Happy to answer any questions anyone might have. 

Skip

Wow. Thanks very much for that very detailed report Skip. Unfortunate result for you and I have to say its a disappointment for us readers. So to sum it up this treatment is a throw of the dice and requires advisably at least 2-3 trips to China to increase your odds of a more successful outcome. If its ok by you (to do a cost to benefit analysis) can you tell us how much the actual treatment costs ? 

Hey Bibby.. I do believe that this treatment has great promise.  I have many doctor friends that saw much more promise that all the other crazy things I've tried.  The treatment was $5,000 each time.  The pre and post labs in China were about $300 total.  My labs in the US were about $500.  Then there was the obvious travel cost which obviously vary depending on how you travel.  I'll say it again, I think if I could do several treatments over a couple of weeks i would have much better results.  Something I didn't mention before.  I'm the only caucasian whose ever done it so I'm not sure if that makes a difference...it shouldn't in my mind.  Also, I'm a big guy...6.1, 190, felt like a giant over there, so maybe it takes more therapy since i have more blood. 

Hello I managed to have Dr Yong Zhao we plan a conference call by telephone next Tuesday

Let us know what he says you i do not think the study whit 9 goals and 1 no good it's a fraud...

Nicolas.. this is not a fraud.  Yong has put years into this and has many other major accomplishments.  I'm still excited by this and with so many other solutions revolving around a life long dependence on drugs...I'm going to continue to follow it.

Did they charge to do this procedure ? I think they should be trialing this for free to see if it actually works by collecting enough data and supporting evidence. I really do hope it is as it could be the cure where all waiting for.

Well that's interesting. I am just not convinced with the girl they are using in their study. The bald patches on her scalp just don't look like the ''standard'' alopecia areata patches. It looks like they have shaved some patches and just let it grow again :( This is the girl:

http://static-content.springer.com/image/art%3A10.1186%2Fs12916-015...

what do you think Skip and Kevin is this genuine??

So for you it's a Fraud? I read good comments about dott Zhao, i hope no a fraud.

Hello melody it is all the same strange because he announces that 8 people have the answer and have all of their hair and any relapses over two years. Dr Yong Zhao is a recognized doctor and works in the United States and the work with the fda I am going to have a conference call next week I shall see well what he will tell me he applied for him the patent and clinical trials on the clear as xeljanz and other treatment try private hospital thus I doubt...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service