Hi everyone!

Just wanting some advice really on long synthetic wigs. All the ones that I have purchased thusfar have tangled really easily and end up matted at the back easily has anyone had good experiences with some long synthetic wigs that do not easile tangle.

If you have I would appreciate some help with brands and names, Ultimately I will be looking for a blonde one, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

I know the longer the wig is the more likely it is to tangle. But suggestions on some succeses with synthetic long wigs that tangle less would be awesome!!

Thanks guys and hope everyone is well :) xo Jen

Views: 3017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jen, unfortunately at my age, I must stay with the short styles, but I hope there is someone out there that can help you find an answer.

Hi, I have the JR Julia in color 24b22. It is a pretty blonde color. It did not start to tangle until about 1 month of wear. Also I wear it everyday for about 10 hours a day. It does tangle now but they are pretty easy to comb out.

Is that a synthetic or a hh Klo? Is that the one you are wearing in your profile picture? it is very pretty on you :) Thanks for your reply, it is always helpful to get opinions from others who have tried these wigs :) so I appreciate your help :)

Hi,
What brands have you tried? I like Rene of Paris the most. I also like to stick with shorter styles. In my opinion, I would stay away from Raquel Welch. I had the "Always", and it became a rat's nest. That was the worst one that I have ever had. One thing that I would suggest with every wig is to not use a comb or brush. Use your fingers to get out the tangles. Run your hands through the wig during the day, and that might help. You might like the "Laine" by Rene of Paris.

Thanks Alliegator :) I've actually had a wee read of your blog which was so helpful to me so thanks :) I love all your wigs and I think I am inclined to get the shorter bob styles as you do for every day, just thought it may be nice to have a longer style to wear out sometimes :). I had Erica by Amore which I liked as my first wig, but unfortunately I tried to trim the bangs (or fringe as we say here in NZ) myself and totally messed it up so unfortunately I can't wear anymore. I have sophisticate by Kathy Ireland coming in the mail which has actually been discontinued but is being brought out by Jon Renau under a different name. I saw a few videos and liked it and managed to find on on a site on the net. Can't wait to get it to see how it goes!

For me here in NZ it is hard as in Dunedin we don't have any wig supply stores, so I am unable to try before I buy. So it is luck of the draw, which is why I like to get opinions from people who have tried the wigs on here :)

I might take a look at Laine now :)

Thanks so much for your thoughts they are much appreciated indeed :) xo

Oh and I also have to add I am thinking of getting Cameron after seeing it on you :) lol
The garbor one looks great on you also. How are you finding the lace front?

I have tried forever young in long wigs and that's about it so far really :) I am reasonably new to all of this :)

You're welcome! Thank you so much! I know what you mean. I would love to wear a longer style, but I can't. One because of the tangles, and two because it gets 100 degrees here in the summer so I can't handle a long wig when it is that hot outside. I haven't tried the "Erica", but I know what you mean about messing up bangs. I trimmed the bangs on my "Toni", and I wish I would have left it alone to wear them side swept. I think I have seen good reviews of the "Sophisticate". I hope you love it!

I can imagine that it is difficult for you. We are lucky here in the states to have stores and online stores at our fingertips. You might like this website: http://videos.wigs.com/ They have videos on several wigs so that helps to see what it looks like. I have changed my mind on wigs after seeing one of their videos. :)

lol. That is so nice! I really loved the "Cameron". I had it in two different colors. I wore the red one last weekend. You might also like the "May". It is basically a slightly longer version of "Cameron". I really like the lace fronts.

I haven't tried any forever young wigs yet. Mainly because I don't think they are high quality. I should try one like you mentioned to wear out sometimes.
You are asking the right questions! If you have any more, ask away. :)

@Jennah the Julia is synthetic. I aslo have the JR carrie which is HH although I hate the color. My profile pic is my real hair before it all fell out. I do have several pics on my page of the two wigs I mentioned. I just ordered a Gabor premium in sandy blonde which is a shoulder length wig. i will post pics as a soon as I get it.

Alliegator, what wig are you wearing in your photo? It looks great - I'm looking for a good chin length bob. Is it a ROP?

I think its Cameron by ROP :)

Thanks Aimee and thanks for the add too :) I will take a look :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service