European hair wigs - Gemtress, Impression, Follea, or custom-made from Russia?

Looking for high quality European hair wig on a great cap for a decent price. Follea looks really good, but it's above my budget. There's been some discussion on this site about Gemtress as well as the Impression line(from Lori's website), and saw some posts on custom-made wigs from Russia as well. I'm leaning towards the Venice or Fire by Impression (on Lori's wigsite.com), though still unsure. How do they compare to the others? I would love some feedback ... please and thanks!

Views: 8107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I go for a swiss lace wig with a thin skin perimeter. It grips the head really well without glue. I do however use an inch or two of the 3m white liner tape (I'm allergic to almost all of the tapes and adhesives if used for more than a few hours) in front of each ear if I want to pull my hair back off the face. Not to keep the wig on, but to stop the hair rolling the very edge of the thin skin back and allowing it to become visible. Thin skin isn't quite as invisible as lace but you would have to be really, really close and know what you were looking for to spot the difference. Thin skin also makes taking the wig off at night more of an option as re-taping a lace wig all around the perimeter can be a real chore. If you look at at my photos on this site I have pictures of me wearing one of my wigs, including a close up of the wig from above.

I got the cost of the wigs wrong when I posted earlier. I actually spend $800 a year and not £800.

I just went on their website. Is it the capstyle 002 then (page is http://www.cooperwigs.com/Cap_constructions.htm) that you wear?

Yes except that I have the seams sewn rather than put together with PU strips. I also stress that they use the light stretch lace (I think it's number 7) otherwise they will sometimes use a light brown.

Sue- I've been looking at Cooperswigs. Can you tell me exactly what you say to them when you order? Also, are you able to wear your hair in a ponytail?

Hi BekahRay

The first thing is to measure your head and make sure that you get everything just right. I found that measurement 1 (the distance between the nape and hairline was the most difficult because I have almost no natural hairline left. I therefore used four fingers above the brow to establish where the front should be. The nape can be established by looking upwards and finding where the back of the neck creases.

Using their order form,I then order 100% European hair, 100% density. I then specify the colour. If you want highlights you will need to know how you want them arranged and where you want them (The company will help you with that If you send them a picture of the style that you like). The colour of my last wig was T #8/ #12 areas1,3&5. with highlights #14 on Areas 3&5 Areas 2,4&6 should be 30% 12# and 70% 8#

I have silky straight hair with bleached knots and baby hair all round. Freestyle, transparent Swiss lace Cap style No.4 on the order form (002 on their cap style page).

Having done all that I then repeat my requirements in the instructions box just to be sure that there are no misunderstandings.
Special instructions on my last order are as follows;
Payment By Paypal.. Please mark customs document as a sample

Shine. On the top half of the wig (areas 1,3 &5) I would like a T color varying between 1 and 2 inches of dark color 8# visible in the hair root, and the lighter color 12# in rest of the hair shaft. I would also like a highlights color #14 over areas 3&5. On the bottom half (2,4&6) I would like a blend 70% 8# & 30% 12#. Could you also ensure that the stretch lace is colour 7# (light) from your stretch lace colour ring and Not brown. It is very important that the thin skin perimeter is also Transparent and not light brown as I have white skin.

Thanks

Sue

It's also worth buying the colour ring for future reference.

The thin skin perimeter wigs can be worn any way that you like and high pony tails will not be a problem. As I have said before, they are al little more detectable at the hairline than an all lace wig but the trade off is that you have to use little or no adhesive.

Sue, how much life do you get out of your Cooperwigs? Any shedding? Thanks for the detailed reply above by the way, that's awesome reference for those of us that have been sitting on the fence about this. :)

I get a minimum of 6 months from each wig. I'm still wearing the wig that I bought in November (My avatar wig), although the new one has now arrived and the existing one will be relagated to being worn on days when I want to slouch around the house as soon as I can get the new one styled. Shedding really isn't so much of a problem with the thin skin perimeter wigs as it was with the all lace ones, because there is no need to use any adhesive on knotted areas. I am very careful when I wash and condition them though, making sure that I always wash and condition them on a wig head or my own head under the shower, ensuring that there are no tangles. I also let the wig drip dry and seal the knots with a matte acrylic sealant spray afterwards. However towards the end of their life the condition of the hair begins to deteriorate and tangles at the nape tend to become more frequent. I do use straghteners though so this may be partly due to long term heat damage.

THANK YOU SUE for the photos. Maybe some day I will get brave enough to share photos.

I too was overwhelmed with the China wigs. So many decisions to make and not sure what to do.  Sue T   : thank you for your input. Still... I went with a GEMTRESS.

Hi,please do not worry about the wig.
European Hair
Length Color Quantity skin top cap size hair style price
6" natural color 10 5*5 m style3 all head $159 black cap,light brown skin top color
8" natural color 15 5*5 m style3 all head $168 black cap,light brown skin top color
9" natural color 8 5*5 m style3 all head $193 black cap,light brown skin top color
16" natural color 12 5*5 m style1 small layer $222 dark brown cap
14" natural color 2 5*5 m style1 small layer $201 dark brown cap
18" natural color 20 5*5 m style1 small layer $243 dark brown cap
20" natural color 3 5*5 m style1 small layer $264 dark brown cap
16" 2# 2 4*4" m style1 small layer $197 dark brown cap
18" 2# 2 4*4" m style1 small layer $218 dark brown cap
20" 2# 4 4*4" m style1 small layer $239 dark brown cap
22" 2# 1 4*4 m style1 small layer $264 dark brown cap
24" 2# 1 4*4 m style1 small layer $294 dark brown cap
20" 4# 1 4*4 m style1 small layer $239 dark brown cap
22" 4# 1 4*4 m style1 small layer $264 dark brown cap
24" 4# 2 4*4 m style1 small layer $294 dark brown cap
16“ 6# 1 4*4 m style1 small layer $197 dark brown cap
16" 8# 1 4*4 L style3 all head $239 dark brown cap
12" natural color 3 4*4 s m l style3 all head $189 dark brown cap
14" natural color 10 4*4 s m l style3 all head $210 dark brown cap
16" natural color 13 4*4 s m l style3 all head $239 dark brown cap
18" natural color 4 4*4 s m l style3 all head $268 dark brown cap

Attachments:

THESE ARE STOCK JEWISG WIGS.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service