Ok people...I joined E-Harmony!!!!! So, my question is this...has anyone had any luck with this...i mean, do we all get a commerical of a happy ending if we join? Plus, Im scared of meeting someone I like and have to tell them about my hair. I'm sure you all know what Im getting at and the fears I'm experiencing. But at the same time I'm excited to meet new people, even if there is nothing romantic. But I just need some advice...really worried no one will like me! lol. How do you all think we can use dating sites as successfully as people with hair.

Views: 3499

Replies to This Discussion

He said that he wouldn't have even known from my pictures and that he was fine with that. We will see how he actually is about it in person though.

i am on match.com, however i haven't updated my profile since i had to shave what was left of my hair. and i am not comfortable wearing a wig...yet, maybe some day i will be? i'm not sure how to update my profile to fit my ridiculously depressing new life or if i even want to. i'm new to alopecia and not comfortable even thinking about dating. how do i explain the patchy bald spots and the fact that i wont take a hat off. and if i did wear a wig and he knew what happens while making out? what if it falls off or something terrifying. in short, i'm a hot mess.

Hi! I have used match.com for å little while and no luck at all! I think the reason is that on these pages they look at the pictures and THEN at your profile, and as long as I don't wear a wig none wants to come in touch with me! I will be very excited to see what happens when I get my freedom wig in august:)

Hello. I am on a site called Plenty of Fish or pof.com. I have had a lot of luck, actually. Here is what I included in my profile: "One thing that makes me unique is that I have a condition called Alopecia Universalis. If you don't know what this is, PLEASE take the time to look it up and / or ask me; there is plenty of info online about it or I will be happy to tell you all about it.
I volunteer for the support group for the National Alopecia Areata Foundation as a support group leader." I think that is important to be positive about it. Guys like confident women. In the past I have posted a really hot pic of me without my wig and my inbox was flooded with guys wanting to take me out. I don't know that much about the other sites but in my experience, men think my baldness is sexy, as well as my confidence. Also, giving them the information that they need to understand what they are dealing with helps. Here's a site that you could always put on your profile: alopeciaawareness.com.

Good luck!

Hello Carmen, I am actually on POF also and I have been wondering about how to include the fact that I have AU in my profile. I have met and been out on dates and find once we are sitting for coffee the questions usually start. I think I may not get as many women reply because being the proud to be bald man, my main picture is a up close head shot. My lack of responses my not have anything to do with AU (maybe I'm not as handsome as I may think) ha ha I am going to use what you have written in your profile in mine. Wish me luck! Thanks for the tips!

The test of true love is do the blokes, when they find out about your hair loss do a runner or except you for what you are.I only come across shallow women on these sites after all why do these perfect women need to use a dating sites in the first place. I have had no luck on these dating sites. They are after you cash and use every marketing trick in the book.

I have also joined eHarmony and have met one guy so far. Have been out twice, so now I'm gearing up for the hair story of my life. I have gotten better at telling my hair business over the years. I'm 51 & have had alopecia since age 17. However, I have been rejected by some guys based on my condition. They "just couldn't handle it" or it kinda freaked them out. I have also had wonderful relationships with guys who said it was no big deal. Just deal with it and move on. It's always scary meeting new people, but you just have to put yourself out there. I have found on eHarmony you have to kind of pursue the men. Keep talking. You never know what mau happen. The guy I met lives about 3 1/2 hours from my town. He seems to like me for me.      

So, can we meet each other here on this site instead of another dating website? It seems like a fantastic idea to me. Anyone live in the Pacific Northwest? If so lets chat..

Sounds like a good idea, but be careful about giving out your personal information. I'm on the opposite coast.

There is one rule for online dating https://www.trusteddatingsites.com/datingcom-review-pricing-warning... if a girl wants to get acquainted with a guy she should not stay at home with the books. She should go to the discos, walk in the street, go to the parties with her friends. In other words, she should give a chance to a young man to see her not only on the internet. There is a wide choice of places which are good for acquaintances.

Does anyone believe that it is possible to find serious relationships from online datings?

I think we can use dating sites as successfully as people with hair, but I'm not sure you can find some serious relationship there. I had been using online dating for a few years, but then I decided to use hookup sites, as they are more interesting, and the girls are more open-minded on those sites. Here is a review on HookupMasters, that attracted my attention a few days ago. You can find other reviews of hookup sites on on this site, it is easy to choose the category you are interested in, and find a good site for you.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service