Hi all who are on xeljanz ! First off I want to just say I hope everyone is having safe success with their hair growth!

I have spoke to my Derm and I want to collect data from everybody to present to my Derm to see if I can speed up my growth and to see if my Derm can also present this to his board and perhaps get help on obtaining xeljanz. This will also help people starting xeljanz and this data will
Help people who are not seeing much growth.

If you's can kindly answer in this order it will be appreciated so much,

1) How long have you been taking xeljanz?

2) Have you been taking anything before , alongside or still taking with xeljanz ? I.e another immune suppressor or vitamins ?

3) What percentage is your hair growth? If you have any with xeljanz?

4) What month did you have success on xeljanz since starting it ?

5) Could you upload any before and after PICS of your regrowth ??

6) whilst on xeljanz have you experienced any shedding ?

7)have you lost any hair whilst on xeljanz ?

Two new questions if you could all please answer. Thank you so much for taking some time out to answer these questions as it would help me and others on and starting xeljanz!!

Views: 11623

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Singh,
Thank you for adding these. I do feel it's important to track these few cases where users of xeljanz did report shedding, if we can. Knowledge is power.
Thanks so much!

I have had AA for 14 years and went AU for a year.   After a year on xeljanz 10mg a day I have 100% regrowth.  I tried steriod shots, methotrexate, and squaric acid and none have been as effective as xeljanz.  I have had no issues with blood work or fatigue. So much so that I ran my 3rd marathon last year.

Cheers for the update ! So happy for you! Can't imagine how good the feeling must be to finally have your life back ! Can I ask when you went AU for a year did you then start xeljanz ? Or did your eyebrows grow back without xeljanz ?

And what month did you see growth on xeljanz ?
I am in my second month on Xeljanz. I am completely AU also have Rheumatoid arthritis, thus is why I am now on the Xeljanz. First bio made hair fall out,second gave me AU. Results so far good, RA stable,hair finely growing, even a mole hair! Keep you posted. No other vitamins etc although I tried Biotin and folate- waste of money! Prednisolone 50 mg for R A 2 years ago also brought back growth,then it fell out after I started Actemra.
Hey Annie thank you for your update and plz keep us updated. Praying for all of our hairs to grow!

Any results so far ?

How long you had AU for ?

I too had success on pred but fell out once. Discontinued
Hi Singh
Yes starting very fine eyelashes! Fine hair all over scalp, start of eyebrow - feels as if I have shaved it off! AU since April last year.hoping this will at least start regrowth,but not gettingtoo hopeful in case it all falls out or it doesn't help my RA enough and I have to stop.
That's great ! Am in the same boat slow start for me too
I read that xeljanz side effects include high blood cholesterol and lowered white blood cells. :/
Hello everyone, how are you's all? Any more updates ? Any new information would be appreciated.

I've been on and off xeljanz and had not much growth as I feel I am not consistent but thinking are there anyone who has not responded to xeljanz but then tried ruxonhitnibil ( jak1 and 2) and had success?

Thank you

Singh
My doctor told me xeljanz and ruxo are very similar in treating alopecia.
As a non responder to xeljanz, most probably i wont be a ruxo responder.
I saw in an article that they identified a gene for responders vs non responders. Also it has been more than 10 years that i have AU.
Hey Return_life, they are similar but to say it won't work could not be true as it targets a different pathway. Xeljanz is a jak 3 and ruxo is a jak 1 and 2 I think so it's certainly worth a try to see if you target a different pathway it might work..

The first person dr King released on the success on xeljanz was a man was AA since he was 2 years old and was AU by 18 and after 8 months on xeljanz his grew back.

ADML had AU for 11 years she has most of his hair back and loads others in here that have had 10 plus years of alopecia have also had success on xeljanz so I don't think it's a case of if u had AA for 10 years or more it won't work. But would love to know what gene they identified that they can tell who is a responder and non responder. As xeljanz hadn't been great for me although I was not consistent at all due to the price of the drug.

Any new information plz do let us know ? Thank you.

Anyone else having success? And does anyone know if the co-pay card is going up this January ?

Kind regards

Singh
Also could you send us a link to that article please ?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service