A 12 yr old girl was suspended for dying her hair pink. The young girl claims the color, pink, is in honor of her father who died of cancer when she was 6. The school has suspended her stating her hair color is distracting to other students.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/education/story/6...

Wonder what they would do if she had alopecia? Is a bald head more distracting than dyed hair?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my goodness... It is in Missouri..
If some of those people would come to California, they would probably die of everyone's different looks.
I do not understand why people can not except everyone for who they are. Why can't people express themselves and be left alone? I just don't understand..

Everyone should remember:

"Live the life you love ~ Love the life you live"
One would hope the school administrators would spend their energies on improving educational delivery methods, decreasing the drop out rate or the like. I re-read the article. The young lady is very articulate considering she is only 12.
These types of things make me so angry! There were some kids who shaved lines in their eyebrows and were told to shave their brows or they couldn't come to school, one kid was suspended for not wanting to shave his eyebrows because he would look stupid. A young lady applied for a job at Canada's Wonderland this summer and although the interviewer saw nothing wrong with her dreadlocks, the supervisor on her first day told her she couldn't come to work with hair like that. Yet, another woman in Owen Sound was canned for shaving her head for cancer - her manager finding her appearance appaling! In a world with so much diversity one would imagine we are capable of accepting that others are different but this is not so and it is very sad. This is another reason that we have to get out there and raise awareness for alopecia. Perhaps one day the world will be at peace?!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service