Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for Other Options

Has anyone seen a rheumatologist for their AA since it is an auto-immune disorder? How about acupuncture? Dermatologist wants me to take Pr…

Started by Kara

11 Jul 4, 2009
Reply by Philippa Scott

Just an idea..

Has anyone remotely medical (that cuts me out) ever thought of like getting alopecia cured by implants/or something from the person's sibli…

Started by Yoshimi

5 Jun 29, 2009
Reply by Diana

Silica?

I was just wondering if anyone's had any success with taking silica for hair loss? I have AA and I read that silica can help, so I bought a…

Started by christina

5 Jun 28, 2009
Reply by Brandy Snap

ALOPECIA and AMILTRIPTALINE - ALSO ALOPECIA SCARRING

I am happy, (really not, totally) to report some recent information that I obtained. Amyltriptolinre (which is use an an anti-depressant, a…

Started by Pamela Garrahan

0 Jun 23, 2009

alopecia areata episodes possibly triggered by other illness?

I am writing this post to see if anyone has had a similar experience to me. I am going to put myself out there in the effort to find out if…

Started by dollydreadful

14 Jun 23, 2009
Reply by dollydreadful

Hair Regrowing but tingling sensation

Guys/Gals, My hair is regrowing, albeit slowly but, regrowing nonetheless. I feel the occasional tingling or burning sensation where it is…

Started by Yo soy

0 Jun 22, 2009

medications

Has any person with Alopecia Uni ever had regrowth? Has anyone taken methatrexate? Any regrowth with the cortisone shots? Are there any wom…

Started by Andrea Wasserman

7 Jun 18, 2009
Reply by Brandy Snap

Sulfasalazine worked for my daughter! Please read this!

My daughter was diagnosed with AA when she was three and progressed to totalis about a year and a half ago. After many treatments that didn…

Started by Katie Beth

8 Jun 18, 2009
Reply by mary

Correlation between smoking and alopecia

I recently turned 18 and started to enjoy the occasional cigar. I have found it as a great way for me to relax and after and during one i f…

Started by Chris R

2 Jun 16, 2009
Reply by Joshua

Really concerned about long-term effects of topical steroids

Something suddenly clicked in me as I was applying topical Clobetasol steroid foam, and I became very concerned about what Clobetasol is do…

Started by Aimee

1 Jun 16, 2009
Reply by BaldGirlsDoLunch.org

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service