I am freshly engaged, and as I come down from this 10 foot high he gave me, I find myself thinking of one thing - the veil. I have been in and out of baldness since I was 15 and this time it looks like it's down for the count. Even if it started coming in tomorrow, it still wouldn't been long enough for the wedding. What have some other brides out there done? I don't really like the idea of wearing a wig - I've only recently started wearing one and it still doesn't feel like "me". Are there successful ways to wear a veil without hair?
I know my fiance doesn't care - he is so wonderful - and just wants me to stop stressing about it - and I can't help it. It's in my nature. So - I'm reaching out and looking for ideas!
How have decorated your head for your wedding or other formal events?

Thanks!!

Views: 1764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't have a traditional wedding and I only wore a hat because it was cold, but I think you could easily have a veil made that goes around your head like a chain of daisies with lace flowing from it or something.
Good luck and congrats
CAR
There is a website that I linked to through the NAAF site, it is called stylish noggin. Anyway, they have an eclectic grouping of products/headcoverings. There is a veil there made on a cap and it is stunning. Check it out, you may like it or it could give you some ideas. Congrats on your engagement! Best of luck.
Bald Girls Rock,
Jenn
Hi Jenn I just spent the past 30 trying to find just suggested. I knew I had seen it, but couldn't for the life of remeber where. :-)

How is school?

Eileen
Hi Rebeka, This is a great question. I quickly looked through Alopecia World and came across a few photos:

Jessi

Liz

Tamgirl decided not to wear a hairpiece

Me fooling around ;)

I even know of someone that was married in a hairpiece, but later on at her reception she took it off.

I have not worn a wig in over 10 years, plus I can't imagain myself in a veil even if I had hair so when rj and I get married I will not wear anything on my head.

I guess the best advise I could give you, is to go with what you would do if you had hair. ie: if you wouldn't of worn one with hair, then perhaps not wear one with out. If your dreams includes a veil I am sure you can find someon who can make something for you. I can't remember where I also saw someone who had a head band type of veil. I am sure by the time the wedding comes you will have our perfect solution.

Keep us informed and of course post pictures!

Congratulations on finding the right man deserving of you.
Thank you so much for all the great ideas and support through the site!!!
Congrats, I wish you the best.

Eileen
My veil came out from a piece that hugged my head around the back and sides. I wore it with my own hair, but the same could easily be done with no hair. See 1950s styles, Audrey Hepburn, Juliet caps.
When my best friend was getting married she had me try on some veils too. we were being dorks. but the lady at the store put double stick bra tape on my head and it held on the veils pretty well. it is clear and easy to remove. she took the combes off the veils and just stuck the ribon to my head.
Have a turban made to match your dress. There are a number of hat makers that can create a turban with attached veil... Indian clothing stores have turbans that men wear at weddings... you can try some on to see if it is appealing. Antique shops have some interesting ideas... like flapper hats or wedding veils worn in the 20's. Actually that could really be fantastic... wearing a re-reacted period piece! So do some research and make your wedding everything you ever dreamed of!

Just some ideas.
I am watching the Awards. I just saw a scene from Slumdog. The young woman is wearing a long scarf just simply draped over her head and then over her shoulder. From your photo you are no stranger to long scarves. Go for it!
Many Blessings to your future!
Karen

I am right there with you. I am getting married in June and stressing about the head piece. One lady I found that makes some really amazing hats is on Etsy name gail. Check her out. I am still looking in the mean time too.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service