I have something I have been thinking about lately..

To you whom have had regrowth - from universalis/totalis to areata or fullgrown hair - were you ever completely bald? I mean like 'shiny-bald', or did you have thin fuzzy blonde small hairs on your scalp? I have no hair what so ever and it feels like it's no chance for me at all to get my hair back. If I don't have any fuzzy blonde hairs, does that mean that my hair follices are dead? And is it the same with eyebrows?

Views: 4811

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you all for replying! <3

I started with universalis 8 years ago and have so much re growth at the moment all over my body its weird but great as I had no hope!!The only time I ever grew my eyelashes back was when I was pregnant but over the last year they have grown fully and my eyebrows have growth to. Your hair folicals are just laying dormant they aren't dead so don't give up Hope. I never thought I would ever have this much regrowth. Alopecia is so unpredictable!!! Keep your spirits up :-)

I was completely bald, shiny, could see the little pores on my head and have regrowth its thin and still small patches but am like 75% regrown, its ugly as hell i only have 15% eyebrows, barely any body hair but its possible

I have SOME regrowth, but not sure how or what to do with it.

I have this shiny, large, bald patch, which is even shinier after applying minoxidil. there are curly sprouts with in this palm sized bald spot on my right temple, but that's as far as it goes.  Those curlies have been hanging out in that area, for about a year now.  They aren't getting anything thicker, nor longer.

I looked in the mirror from the rear, and found out i have a nice big bald shiny spot extending from that Right temple area to the center of my head with a strip of healthy hair between the two bald spots..

I did have some shiny bald patches on the left side of my head - but they have grown in.

It just looks weird.  A full head of hair on the left that did grow in - even with a shiny scalp. And on the right? It looks as though it's struggling grow back.  I guess it's just going to take patience.

No, don't worry.

Alopecia does not kill the hair follicles so they have every chance to grow in the future even without treatment. 

A few people on here have had spontaneous regrowth after decades of nothing. 

I have tons of experience with regrowth from various stages of fuzzy to total baldness...areata, universals, totalis etc!    I've had complete regrowth with no treatment several times in my life.  My dermatologist says the follicles never die, for what that is worth,  I am now decidedly very shiny and have been in the past.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service