Ive been thinking about asking my dermatologist for a prescription for lumigan...has anyone else been prescribed this for the sole purpose of growing eyelashes or eyebrows??? did you have any success? having alopecia can be hard, but i think the hardest part for me is not having lashes or brows

Views: 3277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have never heard of it but interested...can you tell me more about it?

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Lumigan) - medshop-365.com Good price and quality.

Lumigan without a prescription - https://qualitypillprovider.com I've been using this product for about 3 weeks and am so far happy with what I'm seeing.I already have very long lashes so I wanted this to thicken them up and it has already made my lashes healthier and thicker. It's not a dramatic difference yet but from what I've read it takes 2 months to see the full results.

you can google lumigan + alopecia and stuff should come up but basically its this drug for gluacoma that grows eyelashes as a side effect. theyve been doing some clinical studies with people with alopecia areata and i know that it is prescribed by many dermatologists to people without glaucoma...i really wanna try it! but i dont want to go blind or anything!
blind? is that a side effect! scary!
Oh I would looove to learn more about this. I don't mind being bald and not having eyebrows but I do miss my eyelashes!!
I have just started a little over 2 weeks ago. I put a drop on a q-tip and ut it on the base of my eyes and the top. It doesn't sting or anything which is a bonus and I think I maybe seeing little white hairs coming in. I am getting married in Aug so I will let you know how it goes
I am very pleased to announce that it has been now 44 days of using Lumigan and my God the eyelashes are definatley coming back...right across!! A month ago I would have said it was impossible for me to have eyelashes for my wedding but it's 5 weeks away and these babies are coming in! Just put a drop on a Q-Tip and apply to the top and bottom!
Congratulations Graham. Before and after shots?
I'm not familiar with Lumigan, but I do use Xalatan (Latanoprost) eye drops for glaucoma and one of the side affects is that it makes your lashes grow more lush (that's actually listed as a side effect). It can also make your eyes slightly red and cause the eyelids & the iris to darken somewhat. The drops do not cause blindness, but rather prevent vision loss by lowering the intraocular eye pressure (IOP). My optholomogist prescribed the drops for me because I had elevated IOP and some changes to the optic nerve. I've been on the drops since January of this year and have noticed that my lashes are longer & more full. On the other hand, I never lost my lashes or eyebrows completely prior to beginning the drops, but they were rather sparse.

I wouldn't be concerned about the drops affecting your vision, but you need to discuss other possible side effects & risks with your doctor. For example, Xalatan does enter the bloodstream even though it's administered ocularly and it's excreted through the kidneys. When I use the drops I have to apply slight pressure to the corner of each eye to keep the drops from going into the bloodstream to rapidly. Also, anytime that you use eye drops there's a slight risk of infection, but if you're careful that can be avoided.
In addition to what's already been said, a side effect noticed when applied topically has been a darkening of the skin where applied along the lash line area. Not reversible.

UCSF departments of dermatology and opthamology collaborated on a very small efficacy study using Latanoprost and Bimatoprost for people with AA. I'm not aware of any published reports of the study.
I recommend permanent makeup. It's been great for me.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service