All Discussions Tagged 'alopecia' (178)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Xeljanz (Tofacitinib Citrate): My experience on the trial

I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale. I thought it would be nice for ev…

Started by AlopeciaDestroyedMyLife

5549 7 hours ago
Reply by Frida Rupert

When Should I Tell Her?

Hi Everyone. So long story short, i am a 19 year old in my second year at college and at the start of school developed aggressive Alopecia…

Started by ac

3 Nov 12
Reply by ac

Dating problems, rejection insecurity, where I go again!

Hello, everyone, my name is Jorge am currently 31 years old Portuguese guy living in Melbourne Australia.  I have alopecia universalis sinc…

Started by Photolic

60 Nov 10
Reply by Steve_C86

The 'Third Date Rule' by Debbi Fuller

For those of you who are dating and don’t know how to broach the subject of your alopecia with a new person, this is my best advice: You te…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder

51 Nov 6
Reply by Debbi Fuller

Trying Everything at Once

I had my first appointment with the dermatologist today. He confirmed my GP's diagnosis of alopecia areata and told me these are difficult…

Started by Camryn

10 Oct 27
Reply by Camryn

Alopecia areata worsening after prednisone

I was diagnosed with alopecia areata a long time ago. Went through a flare up over the summer and was put on prednisone. After 25 years of…

Started by Halewhy

28 Oct 27
Reply by early 20's

Has anyone tried a drug called Methotrexate for alopecia and folic acid as well and had a good amount of hair growth with it?

I just took my first dose of Methotrexate yesterday and didn't feel any pain or side effects with it so far. I am on 15mg dose and take it…

Started by blondfrog

21 Oct 25
Reply by dreamscometrue

Looking for this article

Can anyone get a copy of this article?  I suffer from this and it is new research. Ultraviolet filters in hair-care products: a possible l…

Started by Ping Pong

2 Oct 20
Reply by Ping Pong

Alopecia caused by mercury poisoning from vaccines and amalgam fillings

I have been reading a lot about vaccines the last few days and it just dawned on me that the mercury that is used as a preservative in many…

Started by Ann-Charlotte Stewart

9 Oct 8
Reply by Dukenukem64

Could allergies be the cause?

Hi! My daughter is 9 and was loosely diagnosed with alopecia about 6 months ago. I say loosely because there have been conflicting opinion…

Started by Aussiemum

4 Sep 11
Reply by Aussiemum

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

AlopeciaWorld.com: It's hair loss support at its best!

© 2017   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service