Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alopecians with Acanthosis Nigricans?

"Acanthosis nigricans is a brown to black, poorly defined, velvety hyperpigmentation of the skin. It is usually found in body folds,[1] suc…

Started by Megan Johnson in Other interests

2 Jan 27, 2011
Reply by Megan Johnson

Minoxidil

Hi, I am new to this site and suffer FPB. I am 52 and have been using 5% minox for 7 months. I seem to have a lot of about 1-1.5 length hai…

Started by robin moody in Symptoms, treatment options, research

16 Aug 31, 2011

Can you get those semi permanent eyelashes if you have no lashes at all??

I have lost all my eyelashes, and was wondering if I could get those semi permanent eyelashes applied directly to my eyelid. I have tried…

Started by Amber in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

11 Jun 21, 2014
Reply by Maire

Hi, I'm new

Hi my name is Jaymie and i am brand new to this page. I have had Alopecia Areata since i was about 9. I live in orange park, florida. I am…

Started by Jaymie Kelter in Acceptance and coping

6 Jan 22, 2011
Reply by T.J.R.

Alopecia around the world......

Ok, consider this a language experiment. I think it would be neat to see how the multiple terms/words in the alopecia vocabulary are transl…

Started by Frank Pratt in Just for fun, inspirational, motivational

1 Jan 30, 2011
Reply by L.

Pregnancy and illnesses

I have had Alopecia Universalus for about 19 years. I am 8 weeks pregnant and I feel that my immune system has shut down. Week after week I…

Started by Eryn Kovach-Sprenger in Symptoms, treatment options, research

2 Jan 21, 2011
Reply by Jennifer

Are Chinese herbs a cure for alopecia?

I've been researching and I kept on reading chinese herbs this and that. when i read one site it spoke about alopecia and what type of chin…

Started by Maya :) in Symptoms, treatment options, research

12 Apr 22, 2011
Reply by Lisa

Statins and hair loss

Hi all joined today I went for a check up in 2007, my doctor advised that i had high cholesterol (11+) and that I was being sent to a spec…

Started by Abdul Khan in Symptoms, treatment options, research

5 Jan 21, 2011
Reply by Abdul Khan

Iron injections?

It turns out my iron level is about 30, and I heard it's supposed to be 70 to grow hair. My doctor suggested iron injections once a month.…

Started by Aimee in Symptoms, treatment options, research

17 Jan 24, 2014
Reply by Natascha

Nails falling off!

Ok...so just when I think I have a handle on this crazy, roller coaster of a disease, it throws me a curve ball. Last night while I was att…

Started by Kim E in Symptoms, treatment options, research

9 Jan 20, 2011
Reply by Kim E

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service