Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Head tattoo?

Am wondering what people's thoughts are on head tattoos? I'm a 29 year old hairdresser who has been bald for 17 years and have wanted a tat…

Started by Janelle Schellenberg in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

15 Mar 7, 2011
Reply by Dominique Cleopatra

To tattoo or not to tattoo?

Several members have already told me having their brows tattooed was one of the best things they have done to help them deal with AU, thoug…

Started by LisaGunner in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

20 Mar 10, 2011
Reply by Kate

DCP (Diphenylcyclopropenone)

Hello, I am a 14 year old girl and have gained a lot of confidence from reading posts on AW. I have had aa for over six months. I have hard…

Started by Abigail Maxwell in Symptoms, treatment options, research

37 Jun 9, 2011
Reply by Cheri A

Dritho-Cream

My son has been using Dritho cream for 2 months and it seems to be working. The only downside is that it's staining his head. Has anyone el…

Started by kristine Wilson in Children with alopecia

9 Jun 26, 2011
Reply by EB Dj

Acceptance - One day, the world just stopped staring

Don't mind me, just thinking out loud . . . I think the hardest part of my acceptance with knowing that I am bald and was always going to…

Started by Martin in Acceptance and coping

13 Nov 5, 2011
Reply by Tallgirl

New to Alopecia World

Hi Everyone! My names Nicole I'm 21 and I live in Tampa,FL. I'm new to this site but not new to Alopecia. I've had AA since i was 3 and i h…

Started by Nicole P. in Acceptance and coping

9 Mar 22, 2011
Reply by Tamika Joseph

NAAF's response to mice study (press release)

National Alopecia Areata Foundation Response to Mice Study Released: 2/23/2011 3:50 PM EST Source: National Alopecia Areata Foundation Com…

Started by rj, Co-founder in Symptoms, treatment options, research

36 Nov 7, 2018
Reply by kevindavidson

Indentations in scalp from steroid injections?

Has anyone ever gotten indenations in their scalp from the steroid injections? My derm said it can happen if the area is injected too many…

Started by Tanya Stone in Symptoms, treatment options, research

21 May 13, 2017
Reply by AliceD

Enjoying exercise and sports with AU! How do you do it?

This question is more for the ladies, how do you go about your exercise and strenuous activities whilst covering up?? I love running but no…

Started by Nancy in Other interests

13 Jul 14, 2017
Reply by Arford_41

new to this site....tough nite. Shed head plz "enlighten" me

Hi all...I would really appreciate any personal stories of how soon the shedding might slow down. I was diagnosed in early january 11 and h…

Started by Tina in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Feb 25, 2011
Reply by Lexi

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service