Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is it deceptive to wait and tell someone that you're wearing a wig?

i was recently on a dating site and never disclosed alopecia. i only felt comfortable posting pictures of me wearing my wig (and don't even…

Started by Avi in Love, relationships, gender issues

48 Feb 23, 2013
Reply by Ktownnana

Freedom wig for 4 year old

Hi I am in need of some advice. I have a 4 year old child who has had AA since she was 9 months old. She has now just lost all her hair f…

Started by Fidgety in Children with alopecia

9 Jul 6, 2011
Reply by Tallgirl

I need advice please :D

Hi all, My 7 year old developed hair loss on 24th December 2010. I did not have the heart to ruin her christmas so asked if she was being…

Started by Caitlyns_mummy in Children with alopecia

5 Jul 9, 2011
Reply by Tallgirl

Pigment?

Hi, I'have almost AU and i've been used kenalog shots 4 months to my brows only and soon they are perfect, but somepart of brows dont take…

Started by Henry in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Jul 1, 2011
Reply by Al

Steroid cream

My daughters dermatologist perscribed a steroid cream which we have been using for 2 weeks on and 1 week off. My question is because her ha…

Started by Jules1984 in Children with alopecia

9 Jun 28, 2011
Reply by Kristin Devies

Lace hair wigs in NYC/Brooklyn

I'm going to be headed to New York city in 2 weeks and I'm partially going because I know I can get a good deal on a wig in the Brooklyn ar…

Started by Gena in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

2 Jul 3, 2011
Reply by Gena

Step mother of step daughter with Alopicia Areata

I am Jessica and I have a 10 year old step daughter Liz with Alopicia Areata.She has been getting teased and picked on lately and she is gl…

Started by jessicafd in Children with alopecia

2 Jul 1, 2011
Reply by jessicafd

DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS WIG????

http://www.namebrandwigs.com/pages/wigs_gabor_highsociety_gabor.shtml DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS WIG, OR EVEN LIKE THIS WIG ENOUGH TO BUY IT?…

Started by Lexi in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Jul 2, 2011
Reply by Lexi

Full lace wig application

Hello, i got my first full lace wig in the mail today. i had been waiting for months so i was really excited. I had a bit of trouble getti…

Started by Lola in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

8 Jul 4, 2011
Reply by Lola

Wig or not to wig!

I have been going vald since i was 10 years  old and I am now 33 . However I now feel tired of being looked at the bald girl and wants to w…

Started by Silje H Teig in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

32 Sep 18, 2011
Reply by Liz

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service