Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I've got alopecia...now what?

Hello everybody, I was diagnosed (well, simply told) that I have alopecia areatra about two weeks ago. A bald patch, about the size of two…

Started by AJ in Acceptance and coping

13 Aug 4, 2011
Reply by AJ

How to make a wig cap smaller?

Hi! I bought my first wig- its a RW. Since it is my first wig I cant really say, if its a good wig or not. The front lace looks really fak…

Started by Stella in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Jul 24, 2011
Reply by Aimee

Different groups, different views, different ways of coping

This post ain't to upset anyone in particular. But I find that people have different ways of coping and how they look at their alopecia. An…

Started by Bald Tan in Acceptance and coping

66 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by Cathryn F.

ALLENTOWN, PA MEMBERS?

I've been trying for some time to locate anyone in Allentown, PA (women especially) who are willing to be supportive friends for each other…

Started by Nancy King in Support groups, networking

5 Aug 2, 2011
Reply by tim kay

Temporary tattoos

I just received my temporary eyebrow tattoos and all I want to know is........ is there a trick to getting your eyebrow even. I keep ending…

Started by Michelle in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

2 Jul 21, 2011
Reply by Michelle

Can't find a job - is it the baldness?

My son has Alopecia Universalis. He has just graduated high school and is looking for his first job. His hair started falling out when he w…

Started by Laurelinterprets in Employment issues, workplace challenges

12 Dec 21, 2020
Reply by Romaz21

Complete remission for son!

Hi there everyone! I know its been a while. My son is in complete remission. For a few years now, the kids' choice of treatment has been th…

Started by Lynn AKA Mom of 2 w/AA in Symptoms, treatment options, research

13 Jun 5, 2012
Reply by Lynn AKA Mom of 2 w/AA

Re: Stinging words

I'm sorry that you had a rough time with your boyfriends remarks. I tend to agree with whoever said he seemed to be broaching the subject w…

Started by Jennifer in Love, relationships, gender issues

4 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Tallgirl

y cant i just move on

i think its gettin worse i still cant get over the fact that iv no hair all my life iv had it and it just aint getting any easyer i got my…

Started by louise malone in Acceptance and coping

2 Sep 29, 2011
Reply by Heather

Anyone know of any good permanent make artist in Boston area?

Eyebrows are almost gone and looking to get some tattoos done. Anyone know any good permanent make up artist in Boston... Everyone talks ab…

Started by Michelle in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 Jul 17, 2011

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service