Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Starting kindergarten - wig or no wig?

My 5 year old little girl is starting kindergarten in a couple of weeks. I thought she was excited about this, but it turns out that she's…

Started by kellyc in Children with alopecia

17 Oct 7, 2011
Reply by kellyc

Becoming Depressed

Hey guys, my name is Jenn, i'm 22 years old, and was told by a doctor that i have alopecia on June 11th 2011, it started out with 3 small b…

Started by Jenn in Acceptance and coping

37 Nov 3, 2011
Reply by Karli R.

meds advice please

Hello All, Need some advice-I went almost totalis last year then almost all grew back-been battling new spots but can cover and dont have…

Started by Tanya Stone in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 Aug 11, 2011
Reply by R0BB

I don't want to tell my boyfriend that I have alopecia

I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 7 months and I just cannot bring myself to tell him that I have alopecia. I really want to keep…

Started by Sarah in Love, relationships, gender issues

72 Nov 15, 2011
Reply by Rozi

Support

Hello, my name is Sanah! I've been on this site for several months now and I absolutely love it! I've gotten tons of support from the lovel…

Started by Sanah Jivani in Support groups, networking

7 Feb 2, 2013
Reply by leslielondon

What blood tests to have done?

I was just wondering what blood tests I should have run to be sure that my son really does have alopecia areata. He is 2 and a half and we…

Started by allison406 in Children with alopecia

3 Sep 29, 2011
Reply by Emmy

Our Profiles & Pics on Google Search

Okay, so I thought my pictures, profiles were private on here and just discovered they are not. Apparently, when one does a Google search o…

Started by Rodeli in Other interests

8 Aug 23, 2011
Reply by Rodeli

Best eyebrow pencil ever!!

I have just discovered the MAC cosmetics penultimate eyebrow. It comes in a universal colour and builds up as you apply it. It also adjusts…

Started by Lorna in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Aug 21, 2011
Reply by Lorna

I have AU and have LOTS of dark hair coming in

Is there anything i should do to see continued growth within the hair, or should I just go about my normal day and see what happens. I have…

Started by Aeron Howarth in Symptoms, treatment options, research

4 Aug 1, 2013
Reply by Aeron Howarth

Feeling defeated, frustrated, and depressed

Every time university is about to start up I start thinking about how I'm going to be wearing my wig everyday and how I am pretty much lyin…

Started by Dielle in Acceptance and coping

32 Aug 13, 2011
Reply by Dielle

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service