Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Statins and hair loss

Hi all joined today I went for a check up in 2007, my doctor advised that i had high cholesterol (11+) and that I was being sent to a spec…

Started by Abdul Khan

5 Jan 21, 2011
Reply by Abdul Khan

Nails falling off!

Ok...so just when I think I have a handle on this crazy, roller coaster of a disease, it throws me a curve ball. Last night while I was att…

Started by Kim E

9 Jan 20, 2011
Reply by Kim E

Immunotherapy

Hi! I have had Alopecia Areata since the age of 3 but have been losing a lot of my hair recently. My dermatologist has referred me to anoth…

Started by Negin N.

5 Jan 20, 2011
Reply by Cindy

Interesting treatment option

I got this interesting email that was forwarded to me. Thought I would share it all with you. I personally havent tired it but sense its al…

Started by Bald and Fabulous AKA Terri

4 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by Amy

Bio identical HRT

Anyone here feel their hair loss is due to menopause/post menopause/ lack of hormones? I am wondering because i have lost so much hair, and…

Started by Nicolle joi houseman

0 Jan 18, 2011

AA becoming AT?

Hey fellow alopecians! I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation to this: I have had alopecia for about 2 years, and in t…

Started by Shauna

6 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Tuesday

prednisone

i am thinking of trying prednisone agian-I did back in june and could only take it for a week. I am having regrowt with injections and lase…

Started by Tanya Stone

0 Jan 17, 2011

Genetics

This is my story in short. I was 5 years old when I was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. When I was 28 and a couple of weeks pregnant with…

Started by Laya Morgan

5 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by Kim Karacz Caudill

Thin hair after alopecia

Hey Friends, I was diagnosed with AA a year ago. After the steroid shots and creams, I currently have no spots (yippee!). I have, however,…

Started by Suzanne Kennedy

2 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by Christopher Blackett

Seborrheic Dermatitis?

Hey everyone. Me again asking for help and advice! I was diagnosed with Seborrheic Dermatitis yesterday. I have severe itching and sometim…

Started by Julie Koch

3 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by Tony J.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service