Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New alopecia treatment? Fumaraat

I just been to the dermatologist on Friday last week and they gave me an experimental drug: Fumaderm (pills) (active substance fumarate / f…

Started by Cristian

6 Aug 21, 2012
Reply by Rose Marie'

New to AA and tender headed!

Hey everyone, I am so new to Alopecia. I was diagnosed with AA last week and I am noticing that if I try to pull what's left of my hair up…

Started by Leesha

10 Aug 16, 2012
Reply by dmf

New to the site...so many questions

Hi everyone,I am new to the site. I was diagnosed 3 1/2 years ago and was treating with steroid injections. Over the last 6 months my derma…

Started by Stephanie

4 Aug 16, 2012
Reply by Ypsimama

Keranique

my mom bought me the keranique hair thinning/loss products for my AA, but i am super skeptical. i lost enough hair in a 3 week period that…

Started by somegirl

1 Aug 9, 2012
Reply by Lexi

I put urine on my head and it seems to be working

For the past month i have been putting urine on my head at least once a day. I know it sounds so gross but if it is going to bring back my…

Started by Hilary

44 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by Deejay

Growth? Or no growth?

I shaved my head about 2 weeks ago but technically only shaved off the back where i had hair match the remaining 80% of my hairless head. L…

Started by Deejay

0 Aug 5, 2012

Has anyone tried this? Stimulair?

I came across it while browsing online. I noticed that it mentioned a few of the familiar names like biotin and saw palmetto aka The Natur…

Started by Deejay

0 Aug 4, 2012

Want to Know Your Type of Alopecia and What is Happening to Your Hairs and Nails?

The New England Journal of Medicine, April 2012 issue, has a very thorough article on the Medical Progress of Alopecia Areata. You can read…

Started by Tallgirl

2 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Sunflower25

My 12 year old son saw a naturopathic doctor today!

I made the 4 hour trip yesterday for my son to see a naturopathic doctor today. I have never been to a doctor like this, but I figured it c…

Started by Samantha Rockwell

7 Jul 28, 2012
Reply by Heather

New to alopecia - concerned - need advice

Hi - I developed alopecia barbae in May 2012, at first there was one circular spot on my chin and within a couple of months the original sp…

Started by like-a-rhapsody@live.com

1 Jul 28, 2012
Reply by LitchKing

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service