Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Retin-A for extensive alopecia areata?

Hi all - I was recently diagnosed with extensive alopecia areata. I've been to four different dermatologists, and everyone seems to have a…

Started by NatsGirlDC

0 Jan 28, 2013

Itching

I've had some regrowth these past few months but my head has been so itchy lately. Once I start itching it, it itches more and more. I try…

Started by Kayleigh

3 Jan 28, 2013
Reply by matteo

When you have alopecia....

When you have alopecia, is it possible to lose only certain types of hair such as pubic and "head" hair, or is everything likely to go? **I…

Started by G

5 Jan 27, 2013
Reply by Tommy Yang

Can hair grow all back?

She has fuzzy hair growing back. I also see terminal black hairs coming in on eyebrow, and lashes area. Also around her head. Is this a goo…

Started by Supportive Mom

5 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by jpeg84

Newly diagnosed with frontal fibrosing alopecia

I have recently been diagnosed with FFA and as you can all imagine, have been pretty distressed. I first noticed it with my eyebrows, but w…

Started by Susanne

2 Jan 21, 2013
Reply by Susanne

It grew back :)

Well after a battle and a half with alopecia I can say I won (for the most part) I was diagnosed with it Last June, tried a cream( did noth…

Started by Jenn

12 Jan 21, 2013
Reply by lacey

Losing eyebrows

Hello all, I was diagnosed with AA in Nov.2011 and started with just spotty patches which have now turned into my entire head of hair being…

Started by Becca74

11 Jan 17, 2013
Reply by Kristin

When prednisolone doesn't work...

Hi folks I lost almost all of my hair in 2011 and the hairloss only stopped after taking 40mg Prednisolone for several weeks. Then my hair…

Started by Tamylin Ishizuka

3 Jan 13, 2013
Reply by Tallgirl

Gluten-free diet and alopecia areata

My 7-year-old son was just diagnosed with alopecia areata. I have been reading some on the internet about some people having success with a…

Started by Kiki73

4 Jan 9, 2013
Reply by Swapnali

Laser Therapy--Has anybody out there tried it and had success???

Hi all, i am considering buying a laser comb, you know those that suppose to improve the growth and density of hair by stimulating the cell…

Started by Nofear

4 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Nofear

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service