Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does ophaisis pattern lead to total loss?

I just recently saw a new derm and she not so nicely told me that once you have hair loss that starts in the back border, it will almost al…

Started by Starshine

7 May 21, 2013
Reply by bree

Hormones, pills and my story

Hi, First off, this s my first post=) Here's my situation.. I have had AA since I was ten years old and I am now 24. In the past few months…

Started by reesespieces5678

3 May 21, 2013
Reply by Holly

Horizontal lines and dents in my fingernails

I have noticed horizontal lines starting on all of my nails spaced evenly the entire length of my nails on all fingers shaped the same way…

Started by Dave

10 May 20, 2013
Reply by Dave

Highly recommended read

I would highly recommend you read the book "An Epidemic of Absence" A New Way of Understanding Allergies and Autoimmune Diseases...by Moise…

Started by Mike Staffieri RHN

0 May 19, 2013

Diet & Alopecia?

Has anybody noticed an improvement when they changed their diet? I saw an Ayurvedic doctor on Friday, and she recommended all sorts of chan…

Started by Aimee

39 May 19, 2013
Reply by reesespieces5678

Does anyone have a spot that hasn't grown in years? Please help :(

I have a small bald spot that i can easily cover up since i was about 4. No hair has grown in at all. Then when i was 15-16 another small s…

Started by lucky07

6 May 18, 2013
Reply by lucky07

Doctors won't help

Hi, I was diagnosed with AA a few months ago and live in the UK. Doctors won't do anything for me and just fob me off. They've said there's…

Started by laurenmaitland89

10 May 17, 2013
Reply by laurenmaitland89

Why is this happening to me ? What are possible causes? And what has worked for others?

I started getting Alopecia areata about three years ago. I am 49 years old. All my doctor told me was it was a auto immune desease and that…

Started by Kjt65

5 May 16, 2013
Reply by ASRN

Phototherapy. Comments, thoughts, opinions?

I saw my dermatologist yesterday and he suggested I try phototherapy. I've tried topical steroids and squaric acid and there has been some…

Started by Adam L

0 May 15, 2013

Brittle Nails

Hey everyone... my daughter has alopecia universalis and her nails are not exactly in the best shape. They don't grow very much and the end…

Started by Jules1984

3 May 14, 2013
Reply by Sar90

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service