Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

UK-based? Have your say on hairloss!

If you live in the UK, this is an important opportunity to make your voice heard and have your opinion count. A steering group of clinician…

Started by Jules UK

0 Sep 8, 2014

Regrowth: How long does it take to regrow hair after losing it all?

My son is 11 and has lost all his hair. The treatment is starting to work and we see little blonde hairs starting to grow in all over. But…

Started by Katie

5 Sep 5, 2014
Reply by Katie

Head is sensitive or painful due to alopecia

Hello everyone! I was diagnosed with AA in 2007. I started cutting my hair with trimmers for the last 4 years. Has anyone experienced your…

Started by Jae

2 Sep 4, 2014
Reply by Angela

Can androgenic alopecia change to alopecia universalis?

My Derm told me I have two kinds of alopecia . I am interested to know can androgenic alopecia change to alopecia universalis? Mellisa

Started by Mellisa

3 Sep 2, 2014
Reply by cws

Acupuncture?

Hi all!  It's been a while since I was on here last but I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice or personal experience with using acupu…

Started by Jen J.

2 Aug 28, 2014
Reply by Jen J.

Using stem cells to treat alopecia areata

Has anybody heard of using stem cells to treat alopecia areata? We banked my daughters cord blood and we are wondering if anyone has ever i…

Started by Jules1984

13 Aug 28, 2014
Reply by Jim In Cali

Has anyone experience with Dr. Redmond Geoffrey?

Any information will be helpful.

Started by Mellisa

0 Aug 26, 2014

How does your body react to viruses?

For several months now I have noticed I dont really ever get a full blown cold or flu. I will have days of waves of feeling viral-y (my w…

Started by Crispix67

3 Aug 25, 2014
Reply by RJ Martinez

Biopsy or blood work

I am interested to know what is best way to diagnosas alopecia ? Biopsy or blood work. Or what is differences between blood work and biopsy…

Started by Mellisa

4 Aug 25, 2014
Reply by Recovered Alopecian

New drug cancer treatment pill cures alopecia

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/17/baldness-pill-to-cure-alopecia-4836169/ I thought people might like to look at this a Very encouraging read,…

Started by Taz

19 Aug 25, 2014
Reply by Recovered Alopecian

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service