Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Confused ? Bloods came back ! High prolactin and low progesterone levels ?

Hey guys I got my bloods back today for diffuse hair loss and severe acne all over body !Really not what l or derma thought it would be !…

Started by Greeneyes80

2 Apr 3, 2015
Reply by youarebeautiful

Folic Acid?

Has anyone tried taking folic acid ? Any success? My mom was losing hair due to an autoimmune disease that isn't alopecia. Her doctor presc…

Started by Landokain

1 Apr 2, 2015
Reply by Jason

Vitamin D levels

Just curious, if you have had your vitamin D levels checked, what are they? Just interested in whether low vitamin D is something those wit…

Started by tryingtobestrong

1 Mar 29, 2015
Reply by Cheyenne

"..need some nerve pills"

Last night a woman informed me that I needed "nerve pills" to prevent my hair from falling out! I asked her if she really meant what she sa…

Started by Lois

11 Mar 21, 2015
Reply by youarebeautiful

Cellagen bioactive follicle stimulator

Hi all Has anybody tried this? My partner's mum bought it for me to try which was kind of her. I normally never get this kind of salon sold…

Started by losing_it

0 Mar 20, 2015

Causes and treatments. Supplements?

Hi! I met a woman yesterday that said she can cure my Alopecia Universalis with vitamin and mineral supplements. She said that if I take a…

Started by Sara

4 Mar 15, 2015
Reply by Sara

Rapid weight gain after Cortisone injections?

I have alopecia areata and started getting injections in December in a large and very noticeable spot. My hair started growing back pretty…

Started by AnnaMLR

2 Mar 13, 2015
Reply by AnnaMLR

Nail changes?

Hi - I've had alopecia most of my life. Until recently, my fingernails didn't seem to be affected. I have several fingernails that are lift…

Started by JMEL

10 Mar 12, 2015
Reply by JMEL

Is anyone on finasteride/propecia?

Hi, I take finasteride for high DHT but it's causing side effects and I want stop. I'm wondering if I can stop cold turkey. I can't get in…

Started by MadEmX

0 Mar 12, 2015

Pet allergies and alopecia

My daughter has AA and has had this since she was 18 months old (she's now almost 8). She is very allergic to cats and also somewhat allerg…

Started by Kelley L

10 Mar 11, 2015
Reply by femmemuscle

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service