Acceptance and coping (836)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are you good at receiving compliments?

People regularly compliment my fiancee Cheryl, telling her things like she has a beautiful smile and that her "shaved" or bald head really…

Started by rj, Co-founder

19 Dec 16, 2008
Reply by sharon

Nervous

First I want to say that I am SO glad I found AP!!! I cannot say that enough! Finally......people who know what it's like! Gosh, this feels…

Started by Amy

3 Dec 12, 2008
Reply by kastababy

Silly but hairspray for wigs?

Hey all, Have used Raquel Welch hairspray for the wig I worse 4 years ago. Loved the stuff because it didn't stink. I have gotten a couple…

Started by Lori M

1 Dec 10, 2008
Reply by Lori M

Dotty Jenkins: 'Even bald women can live happily ever after'

My name is Dotty, I am age 43, and I lost my hair after a very traumatic experience. In retrospect, losing all my hair is nothing compared…

Started by Alopecia World

5 Dec 5, 2008
Reply by Cindy

Scared to talk about Alopecia....

Hi everyone! I am new to this site.. Never really talked to anyone with Alopecia! Finally decided it's about time! I've had A/A since I was…

Started by Kristin

5 Dec 5, 2008
Reply by Kristin

newly diagnosed

First diagnosed with alopecha in march this year after losing 70 per cent of my hair if that is the case just whent from a full head of thi…

Started by denise lance

3 Dec 4, 2008
Reply by Alexandra Rinderer

My hair is growing back !!!

It is over five months ago that my hair fell out within a period of two weeks. My husband and I went overseas for a month to Thailand Vietn…

Started by Helen

6 Nov 28, 2008
Reply by manny

Now, I´m a bald woman - but no "object" for "fetishes", of course ...

Hello, my friends.. Ít´s a few days ago, that i had my head shaved bald (due to my illness, not for other reasons!) - and, of course, my "…

Started by Hannah Sylberstein

3 Nov 27, 2008
Reply by Marina

There is a time to keep and a time to throw away

Recently a friend was writing an article for a woman Christian magazine about the bible verse in Ecclesiastes that says there is a time to…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder

4 Nov 19, 2008
Reply by Janine

How do you tell people?

How do you go about telling people you have alopecia? I find it very hard and don't tell many people. Some of my friends try cheering you u…

Started by Debbie

8 Nov 12, 2008
Reply by Stacey Benioni

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service