For all the men on this site, what was your opinion of bald women BEFORE you either developed alopecia or were exposed to anyone with alopecia? How did you come to terms with what you felt/feel and what society's expectations are?

Caveat: I posed this question with the straight man's perspective in mind; however, I realize that there are a lot of gay men on this site as well -- and I actually would be VERY interested to know your opinion as well, so don't feel excluded by any means!

Views: 66

Replies to This Discussion

I have never thought or imagined of bald women (Alopecia Totalis or Universalis) before I got Alopecia Universalis at the age of 16.

Bald women especially those who are not afraid to show the public about their alopecia immediately gets an extra 10 points on my first impression on them. In fact, the inner beauty of these ladies radiates outward, not only it can been seen or observed but also felt. Qualities like courage, strong, sensitive, thoughtful are genuine in nature. And these genuine qualities I found in every bald women I know and met have now been MUST HAVE QUALITIES in any future relationship I might have.

So in conclusion, by knowing and meeting bald women has changed my whole/entire perspective in my view of women and the actual "beautiful look" of a lady by my definition would by seen through her inner beauty. In fact, I guess that it would be almost IMPOSSIBLE for me now and the future to have any relationship with a women who has NO WHATSOEVER AWARENESS OF ALOPECIA or NO RESPECT FOR ALOPECIA SUFFERERS.

I hardly thought of them and found them unattractive before I lost my own hair as a boy. Over the last few NAAF conventions I have meet bald women I find physically attractive. More so, some women with alopecia have the immensely attractive quality of being relate able. Having had similar experiences or feelings that no one but an alopecian has and feels.

I didnt really think of women going bald, unless they were really old or had cancer.  I was in my 20s before I got it, just got it less than a yr ago, turn 30 this yr, and I never pictured bald women being in my peer group, so I never thought about dating them.  But now, I wouldn't mind it, I even want to find someone around here who I could possible date w/ it. 

First time I remember seeing a bald woman was in a movie.  Star Trek, the Motion Picture.  persis khambatta was bald as I was in that movie, and I thought she was gorgeous.  I was 9, and didn't see any difference in her beauty or someone like Erin Gray (from Buck Rogers fame)

Did not really meet anyone else till college.  She wore a wig as well.  She was cute, but not my type personality wise.  Also, she was dating someone.  We talked quite a bit during the semester I knew her about Alopecia..

I should also say that I have had alopecia since I was three, so I have not really known anything else.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service