Hi members, who knew there were this many Californians on this site???
In any event I think we should each give a brief introduction of ourselves so we can get better aquainted.

I'm Jay from Los Angeles a New York transplant enjoying the beautiful Cali weather and high gas prices.

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

Hey all, My name is Jennifer. I live in a Antelope Valley about an hour north of L.A. I am a local radio DJ and i love my job. I aslo do some event planning on the side. I'm also the local telephone support contact for NAAF so if any of you ever need an ear I have 2.
Hello everyone. My name is Heather. I am a nursing student in Bakersfield, CA. In the beautiful(?) south valley. I am going to be graduating soon and I am just wondering how I am going to deal with the whole alopecia thing in the hospital. I am currently wearing a hair piece and I hope that will work well enough. I am still pretty new to accepting my condition, I have been losing my hair for several year, but I found my hair piece has really helped me get on with my life. I see so many people here who are able to go around without anything on top and I am just amazed. I never had even thought of doing such a thing until I came here today!
Hi, my name is Debbie. I'm from Ramona Ca. About 40 mins NE of San Diego. I'm 43. I've recently heard about this website from a friend that has alopecia. I lost all my hair within a year after my last daughter was born. About 14 years ago. I am also a hairstylist(ironic I know). Would love to get to know others in my area.
Hello and my name is Portia. I live in the Los Angeles area. I am 39 years and recently found out I have Alopecia Areata. I am trying to adjust and it is not easy. Have been depressed since I have been used to wearing braids and pony tails. I joined that the main site a few days ago and just discovering the groups on here. Hope to meet some of you soon. Portia
Hello People:)
Am Deborah. I live in Paso Robles,CA ,45 mintues from the coast.Central coast. Am married, 36 yrs and have 3 grown children, 2 girls and a son. Have 3 wonderful grandgirls 10,9 and 7.
Ive been in the San Luis Obispo county for 36 yrs. My husband and I had moved to the central coast after we were married in the Bay Area, Castro Valley, CA.
I've had Alopicia Areata for the last 2-3 yrs..In the begining it was very slow, but now the process of loseing my hair has grown much larger now.So far, am able to hide it, cause its comming out from underneath. But in those areas its becoming thin on top now. Its really sad to see my wonderful auburn hair going away everyday by shedding and handful when i wash my hair...Am glad that ive found this website. Able to become friends with others that has the same problems as myself.
Hello everyone. Iam Tracey Tiznor i live in San Bernardino . I have had Alopecia since childhood.I am now a adult with alopecia totalis.Anyway....I am very excited to join this group . I look forward to meeting people with the same condition.
Hi All,

I'm Jeff. Alopecia for almost 3 years now. Going to my 3rd NAAF Conf in June. Who else is going?
Hope to see you there!

Jeff
Hello Cali. New to this site. I actually found it while resaerching my condition. It's been 9 years since I was diagnosed. Strangely I have managed to lose everything, except my moustache. The eybrows come, and go. Hope all of you are doing well.

Hello! My name is Josette a mother of a six year old with alopecia. I am from Encino and is wondering if there's any support groups for Kids with alopecia in LA county.

I can see that the last post was back in 2008. I hope you guys are still out there. :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service