Tell me about the support you have recieved in Australia in dealing with Alopecia. Are there any special people who have helped you through dealing with the initial shock of alopecia?

Views: 60

Replies to This Discussion

Hey mmm, I have been happily going to the sydney meetings since that post above. I love it, all the members are lovely and i have made some great friends. Next meeting is an open day, which is a whole day thing with displays, talks etc. details should be available soon on the asg website.
I plan to go with my hubby, mum and dad this time, instead of on my own so they can see some more bald people other than me =)

As for going bald or not, most wear wigs/scarves/hats in, then a few take their head wear off for comfort if they feel like it. I am probably first to whip off my wig, but like you say, it is everyone's choice whether they want to go hairfree.

If you do happen to get back on this site between now and november, i hope you come along to the next meeting. i am looking forward to it anyway.
Does anyone know of a support group in the Northern Rivers area of NSW? Would love to know.
Not sure, but there area few bald novacastrians out there. Come to the next Sydney meeting - it will be worth it for you I'm sure. The people who supply wigs, eyelashes and eyebrows know where all the bald people live! They may be a source of some local knowledge.
Hey Guys.... just letting you all know that there is a QUEENSLAND MEETING!!! BOOKED FOR 6TH NOVEMBER 2010
1-4PM ON Saturday 6th November at the Uniting church on 228 GORDON ROAD REDLAND BAY QLD 4165

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND.... COST IS $10 PER PERSON AND INCLUDES AFTERNOON TEA!
ANGELA JACKMAN 07 3829 0684
I'd be interested in attending Angela. Btw where is Redland Bay? I'm in Nambour.
Hi Everyone
AAAF has many support contacts and we are looking for people to start a support group in NT, TAS and WA - there is one in WA but somehow I cannot get in contact with them. Please see our website for details www.aaaf.org.au or contact us on info@aaaf.org.au and we can assist you in getting in touch with your local support group.

My first meeting with a Victorian support group I was so scared and shy ...but since then have been working my way to becoming the Events coordinator with AAAF and love getting fellow Alopecians together!

Our support group people are a wonderful bunch and so are our attendees and they would make anyone feel right at home, besides we all have something in common which should bring us together :)

Australia Alopecia Areata Foundation (AAAF) in Victoria are planning a Trivia Night in May (yet to be finalised & advertised) and our other State local groups coordinate activities as well.

Hope to see some of you at our events which are also advertised through our group page on here and on our website...we also have a facebook page!

Take care
Ves

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service