How has AU affected your fingernails? I have one that's pretty riddled with pin-like indentions. Several of the others are oddly shaped and get the pin-sized indentions from time to time. My dermatologist told me (a long long time ago) that your fingernails are flattened, elongated hairs.

Views: 1753

Replies to This Discussion

Karem,
Did you do anything which might be associated with the change?

No, it was just about a matter of time. (and being less depressive, I think)

Good for you!

I believe it is part of alopecia in general. I have always been told that it is part of my disease. I have universalis and my nails have lines and some pitting. They also get brittle from time to time. All my hair, head to toe, fell out when I was 3, I am now 46.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service