I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Frida! 

You always encourage me. 

I'm afraid it's stagnant you think its going to grow more because I want to increase to 15 mg

Salut Kévin, je suis toujours en attente du numéro du frère du pharmacien, stp. 

1. Je vois que ça pousse pour toi, très content. Et bon courage. 

Salut désolé je trouvais plus le papier tien

Attachments:

Merci Kevin. 

But as you said u increased to 20mg, Right?

I'm taking 10 mg, cause so expensive and can't effort 20 mg monthly. 

Congrats Shad! I am envious - I started at the same time as you and I have had no results at all yet. 

Really good results! 

Attachments:

can you give me advice the frequency of the steroids that you used

Not far now to go! The 16 mg should do the trick! The hair has come in so dark which is awesome.

Hello friends.I have been using xeljanz for 5 months.I used 10 mg for the first 2 months. I used 20 mg for the next 3 months.But I still do not see any benefit.There are only 5-10 feather-like eyelashes.What should I do ?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service