Hi, it's Valeri,(Xeljanzmiracle). After reading over 1000 replies on ADML's post, the main concern for those wanting to try Xeljanz seems to be the cost. ($2000-$3000 a MONTH. This is why I'm adding this post. REGARDLESS OF YOUR INCOME, call Xelsource (Pfizer's support program) for Xeljanz. You might qualify to get the drug FREE or at a HUGE DISCOUNT even if you make up to $90,000 a year!There are also co-pay cards for Xeljanz you can download on the internet REGARDLESS OF YOUR INSURANCE SITIATION,that allow you to receive Xeljanz for free or at a discount. Let's face it, this drug is SO expensive that after all of our monthly expenses MOST OF US can't afford it without some help. I qualified to get it for free because of my super low income, but don't automatically rule yourself out. Just CALL and request the forms to enroll in their Xelsource Program. (855) 493-5526.

Views: 2566

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't be lazy or assume you won't qualify because of your job. Just call.
U guys realize how lucky u are because xelsource is only for usa
They don't Return Life. There is someone that has been asking me questions about Xeljanz's Hardship Program since JANUARY and they still have not filled out the 2 page enrollment form!

Valeri - thank you so much for posting this. Xeljian is so expensive that I'm worried I can't afford it. I called the number you gave me but I wasn't so clear about their instructions. They said something about talking to a doctor and then obtaining the paperwork to fill out. I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions as to what the proper steps to take should be:

1. I'm not working at the moment, so I get my health insurance through my husband's employer. Am I supposed to call my insurance company to see what they cover or am I supposed to see my doctor first? I'm basically lost on the first step.

2. Will my regular doctor do or would I need to see someone who specializes in alopecia/Xeljian?

Hi, call Xelsource back and ask them to mail the application for the Hardship Program to you. Make an appointment with a DERMATOLOGIST. Do you know what type of alopecia you have? A dermatologist can properly diagnose you. Xeljanz only works if your alopecia is autoimmune. If your alopecia is autoimmune, have your doctor fill out the Healthcare Provider Form Xelsource sent you and return it to Xelsource. You fill out the Patient Application and return it with proof of income. There are other steps, but start with those.

Yes, it is autoimmune - I have alopecia areata.

I got the application from Xelsource but I'm not sure what to check for "Prescription Information." The options are:

PRESCRIPTION XELJANZ TABLETS
(a) Once Daily XELJANZ XR - 11mg PO, Quantity #30 (30 days)
(b) Twice Daily XELJANZ - 5mg PO, Quantity #60 (30 days)

OR

FREE XELJANZ RX OFFERS
(c) One-time Trial Rx 11 mg (14 days)
(d) Interim Care Rx 11 mg (28 days)

Pick A or B. The 11 mg is taken once a day, the 5 mg is taken twice a day. So it's up to you.

Thank you. My current insurance does not cover dermatology. So I went to see someone else and paid out-of-pocket. My current dermatologist diagnosed me through a biopsy she sent over to UCSF to analyze. I noticed that you are seeing Dr. North at UCSF. I also live in San Francisco. Would you recommend that I switch over to a dermatologist that is more knowledgeble about Xeljian or would any dermatologist be okay?

The only concern I have in switching over to someone over at UCSF is that based on the reviews I've read on Yelp, the visits appear awfully expensive. How often do you need to see a doctor or derm on Xeljian to monitor for side effects?

I would recommend switching over. I only go about once every 3 months.

Isn't all alopecia auto immune???

No, alopecia just means hair loss. There are different kinds. For example there is male and female pattern baldness. There is baldness that is related to menopause, hormones or stress.

can they test to see what type of alopecia it is?  I have AU but no idea why??? not in my family....and there is nothing I can do about it..which makes it very hard for me to deal with!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service