Let me just preface my post with this-- I love my wigs. I'm gonna humbly brag a little here and say that they're beautiful, and, when compared to my friends' hair, my husband tells me that mine is far and away the sexiest, :) I don't mind spending 10,000+ every few months to have brunette "hair" like mine.

But I feel disgusting when I'm not in my wig. I hate it as much as I love it. I hate sleeping in it at hotels, I hate having to bring multiple wigs on trips for different purposes (I can elaborate on that, if I need to). I hate leaving company to run to the bathroom every few minutes to check on my hairline and make sure my eyebrows look good. The thought of my wig coming off nags at me every day, and I just want to live my life like I did when I had hair and didn't have to spend this much and worry this much to look like I do.

I'm conflicted and would appreciate comments. I need to vent and I need advice.

Views: 3954

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I spend $300/month for human hair systems bonded to my head. It is long and red! My hair guy rebounds every month and replaces the whole thing every 3 months. No worries. Doesn't move. Sleep shampoo etc just like it grew out of my head. I think it is virtual reality. My hair guy is Steve Izzo in gulf breeze Florida. He can help you find help!
I live in Fort Walt beach fl and would love to talk to you sometime. I have had alopecia for the 2time going on 4 years now. I would love to meet your guy and see what he can do for me
Wow! A neighbor! Please call him! 850-677-8017. My number is 850-982-5863. Call me!
I see you did say I could call you! I will call you Friday so excited

Are you completely bald or do you have hair extensions? I am very interested in this, can you describe it more? Thanks!!!

I am totally bald except a tiny hair spot at the back of my head. The cap is a thin polymer. It is custom made for my head tho there are stock ones too. The hair comes in blonde but he colors is red for me. It is bonded to my head. Every month or so we take it off and clean my scalp then rebond. I get a new one every 3-4 months. I treat it like it grows from my head. Wash, blow dry, sleep, ponytail, etc. Steve Izzo 850-677-8017. I need to upload a pic.
Attachments:
Wow! Looks great! What is the initial investment? I looked at his website, and it appeared to be a regular salon so I wasn't sure!
Does it only come in blonde?

Beautiful!  it really looks so natural!  Thanks for sharing!

Your hair looks gorgeous!! I would love to get this done but I live all the way over in Southern California. Does your guy know anyone within 100 miles of Los Angeles? I'm actually in Camarillo, CA, about 65 miles North of L.A. I have tried wearing one wig so far - an Ellen Wille Club Mono but it keeps slipping off and sideways. I'm embarrassed and crying. Tried the "wig grip"band but it gave me a tremendous headache within an hour. Wish I could look get hair like yours (but blonde) - it's very pretty.

Are you totally bald? I'd like to Hear more about this
Yes, totally except a small hair spot in back. Steve has given me long red hair for 10 years. Real hair. The cap is a thin scalp like polymer. HE bonds the system to my head about once a month and a new one every 3-4 months. I treat it like it grows! His salon number is 850-677-8017
Attachments:
Hi, i understand you, i feel the same. Check everything to see if it's ok during the day. For your eyebrows i don't know if you paint them or not. In case you do, try to put some primer make-up before the color, it Will helps. And in case of the wig, there are some with silicone all around them to hold on to the head or buy an headband Hair Grip it ill help to.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service