Well, not being a man myself , I can't exactly contribute to this discussion. But I would like all of you to. So, the inevitable question, what DO men think of us alopecian women? I know that most of you are biased, either knowing or being married to bald women, but I still want to know at least your initial opinion on it. And your opinion now. :) So. again, what do you think of us wonderful, and beautiful alopecian goddesses now, and what did you think of them at first? Please and Thank you!

Views: 4846

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry. The women who post here impress me. You impress me. I remember how much I struggled in my youth with feeling rejected when the fact was that there were women who had crushes on me and wanted to be with me. So may it be with you. Bless you.
I don't think that we think about female baldness much at all. As with Craig's response, we think about the people we encounter. I have had female friends who have alopecia. They were all married. I never thought about any of them sexually. I do like the look of baldness on many peolple but that is not what makes or breaks attraction even for one of us who is a perv.

I think it is sad that a lover would make off part of her body as a no-touch zoo. I am extremely tactiel. I could not keep the rule and would not feel good trying to keep it.

I do see that loss of hair is difficult for most people who post here--men and women. I do have symptahy and even empathy. Life is not always what we wish but we can to make as much of it as possible what we want.
I must admit I hadn't thought too much about "bald" women in the past- but I did have a friend who had AU when she was in her early 20's - she was beautiful before and beautiful after- I only felt bad about her look because she was so self conscious- a beautiful women is a beautiful woman- that is unique to us as the chemistry of our species- if you are confident and smile and let your eyes shine- that will attract me anyway..most guys would concur.

I also think of the reduced prep time- women with the high maintenance hair have always bothered me!
I think I will offer a more simplistic answer, I think you are hot as hell Melinda!
IM 50 YEARS OLD BUT IM SINGLE, WELL DIVORCED ACTUALLY. I HAD A PROFILE ON MATCH.COM BEFORE MY AA AND NOW IM BACK ON IT BUT I HAD DELETED ALL MY PRIOR PICTURES OF ME WITH MY HAIR. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I WANT TO DATE OR EVEN CHAT WITH A GUY? SHOULD I TELL EVERYONE IN MY PROFILE ABOUT IT OR JUST WHEN THEY EMAIL ME OR AFTER WE HAVE ACTUALLY MEET IN PERSON OR WAIT AND SEE IF WE HAVE A SECOND OR THIRD DATE????
I do not know. Mention it, I think but do not make a big deal out of having alopecia. Be good to yourself. Give the person a chance. Of course, you might get a fetishist and that might be a problem and it might not. I think it is important for us to be ourselves.
I have had different reactions from various guys that I have dated, but even guys in their early 20's mostly seem pretty into it- especially *ahem* the below the neck hair loss. Although I wear a wig all the time, all past boyfriends have known and it has never been an issue for me once I get over my own awkwardness about how to bring up the topic (you would think after 22 years I would be good at it, but no). Men seem to always appreciate good looking gals, and in my experience the exotic factor of the alopecia has even been a plus for me.
I could maybe offer a different perspective on things. I wore a turban for over 10 years, as part of a religion...I didn't believe in. I suffered traction alopecia and cutis verticis gyrata as a result. But it made me mature at a young age, and a persons outward appearance doesn't matter to me. I mean we can all express ourselves, through the clothes we wear, make up etc, and alopecia can even affect our personality. But its the light, the consciousness that I relate to, when I meet someone.
I have rarely seen a woman with alopecia. I worked with someone who has alopecia for several years. She did not shave and she did not hide her condition. She was one of my great friends from work.

The wigs apparently work well. I do recall seeing a young woman at a local deli a couple of years ago. She was quite pretty and was with friends. So I don't know what my reaction would be. I would not fall for a woman just because she is bald.

We all have something about us that we think causes problems. I wish women with alopecia well. The exotic factor does work, I think. Just embrace yourselves.
JJ is right, we are influenced by society and media that women should have long hair. Last spring my GF went smooth bald just for fun!! seriously!! I couldn't believe how stunning she looked!! After a few days I had forgotten she was bald, it became very natural for me seeing her bald. Only when we went out people reminded me that she was different from society's standards by their looks on their faces. She kept shaving for a whole month; today her hair is about 4'' long, but if she wanted to shave again I would say... heck yeah!! So answering the question above... I would say that at least for me, when I see a woman with alopecia I don't even have an issue, she is as attractive or interesting a any other woman.
I find myself agreeing with Katherine Green.....sadly so.
Very Interesting Antonio. I would have to agree. All different kinds of women can be deemed "beautiful", but not all eyes are going to be see that beauty. I find it takes a certain kind of man who is confident enough to go against what society dictates and be willing to see beauty in all it shapes and forms. My husband, rj, is not the least bit shy to declare that he find me beautiful and his actions in public and private affirms it.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service