Well, not being a man myself , I can't exactly contribute to this discussion. But I would like all of you to. So, the inevitable question, what DO men think of us alopecian women? I know that most of you are biased, either knowing or being married to bald women, but I still want to know at least your initial opinion on it. And your opinion now. :) So. again, what do you think of us wonderful, and beautiful alopecian goddesses now, and what did you think of them at first? Please and Thank you!

Views: 4846

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In reply...ish to Tamgirl & Yokasta.

Yes, men can be a bit strange when it comes to how they see women & dating. This is partly due to the fact that having a female partner is partly a status symbol for some men. Therefore like having the nicest car in the driveway, one desires the nicest looking woman. Somehow, baldness in a female is not see as desirealbe by some men.

Why? deep down he may feel that it reflects on badly on him; The idea that all he could get was something that is seen as `imperfect` `damaged goods`

"What will my friends say if they find out shes bald?"

This i think may or may still be the case if she were fat, flat chested or another colour.

Very distasteful i know, but i think there is some truth in this.

I cite a friend of my brother who was dissaponited to find out that a Swedish girl he met online was NOT a `tall long legged Blonde`

It`s all very well men having their perfectionist ideals but it goes both ways & us girls can be just as cruel.

As for the fetish & website side of these `bald women vouyers` they should keep it to themselves & leave us alone.

And YES, i know that it`s not the case for all men, crazy as they are, i quite like them.

I think i `m less angry now !

K.x
Hi Frank, Interesting statement - "To me, it's sad when a man can't open his eyes all the way and see the many ways women are beautiful.".

I think that people are going to have their personal preferences and rightfully so. I was not attracted to every man that was attracted to me and vice versa. But the kind of partner we should be concentrated on is the one that sees something in us as worthy and potential partners. And concentrate on this group, and honestly let the group of people who don't... find what they are looking for.

How I see it is once someone does not see "something" in me that attracts them, then already they probably don't have what I am looking for. I wonder why we keep wanting what doesn't want us? Perhaps instead of thinking of it as rejection, we should see if for what is really is - filtering.
My best friend lost all her hair during her fight with breast cancer. Her hair was gone and most days she was without makeup. I soon came to realize that true beauty comes from within ourselves rather than what's on the outside...
To me, this thread is missing several important points.
Who cares if the "majority of society" (whatever that means, as if anyone can really know or should care, what a so-called majority view on fashion styles is)) believes women with long gorgeous hair are more beautiful than beautiful bald women or women with short attractive hairstyles.
It is irrelevant when discussing individual relationships.
If a man prefers a beautiful woman with a bald head or with a short hairstyle, then how is that any more of a "fetish" than a guy who likes women with long hair, or women who are blondes, or women who are tall, or women with big breasts?

It is personal preference, no more, no less.

You can call that a "fetish: if you like, but everyone has preferences.
That is life.
And to a certain degree, we are all sex objects, as well as other things.

My intial reaction when meeting my wife was atttraction.
I was attracted to her because she was beautiful, intelligent looking, was wearing a sexy dress, had a great body, and yes her bald head and her makeup and her long earrings accentuated her pretty face and her big beautiful eyes.
And my wife was attracted to me because she believed I was handsome, she liked what I was wearing, I looked cool and smart (as she told me) and I had long hair and earrings, which is her preference on a man.

I didn't marry my wife because of her bald head, pretty face, or beautiful body, but if I hadn't been attracted to her, and she to me, I would have never have gotten to know her as a person, and know how bright, beautiful, loving, and warm of a person she is.

There is nothing wrong, not a thing wrong, with being attracted to someone as a sex object, as long as you also love and respect them as a person. All hetreosexual people are all affected, in various ways, by what we consider physically attractive about a person of the opposite gender. That is natural. And people, thank God, have different preferences. It would be awful uninteresting otherwise, if we all liked the same fashion styles, like robots, and not humans..

And if long hair on women is more popular with men than short hair on women, why do the majority of women over the age of 25 in western countries have short or medium length hair, and not long hair?
And it seems most of those beautiful short haired ladies are with handsome men.
Men I know don't seem to have a problem with their wives cute attractive short hairstyles. They find them sexy.
And I know I find my beautiful bald wife sexy.
And I love her for that reason, and many other reasons.
I love all of her, her smooth sensual bald head, her overall beautiful looks, her personality, brains, kindness, work ethic, she is a good wife and a good mom and a good daughter, and a good friend, and a good person. She has her flaws, but not that many. She is a very cool lady, and her beauty, including her beautiful bald head, make her even more beautiful. I don't apologize for loving her or being attracted to her..

And like my wife says, thank God some men do find bald women more attractive, or else bald alopecian women like her would never get a date or get married. And she always had dates, and got married.

In fact, it seems to me, whenever a female celebrity shaves her head, like actress Natalie Portman or actress Demi Moore, or actress Bai Ling, for a movie, those women get all sorts of good publicity, and people talk abiout how cute, stunning, and sexy they look. (The exception to that might be Britney Spears, who has more problems than those other women do)

So enough of this nonsense that it is good if a man has a thing for long haired women, but a bad "fetish" if he likes bald women or women with short hairstyles.
It is all good, as long as the man also respects and loves the woman, as well as her sexy hairstyle, body, dresses, etc..

And yes, there are bald women "fetish" websites.
There are also long haired women "fetish" websites, there are women's bob hairstyle "fetish" websites, there are
(continued)

short hairstyle women "fetish" websites, there are blonde women "fetish" websites, there are brunette women "fetish" websites, there are women with big breast "fetish" websites, there are tall women "fetish" websites, there are petite women "fetish" websites, there are overweight women "fetish" websites, there are amputee women "websites, there are women in bondage ":fetish" websites, there are women in silk, chiffon, leather, rubber, lace, short skirts, lingerie, "fetish" websites, there are transsexual women "fetish" websites, there are lesbian women "fetish" websites, there are European, African, Asian, Hispanic women "fetish" websites, etc., etc, etc. etc. etc.............

You get the idea. There are websites for all sorts of fashion and style preferences for women.
And there are also various "fetish" websites for diiferent sorts of men as well.
So people have different preferences. Such is life. And that is not necessarily a bad thing.
Personally, I do not look at a woman, nor a man, for what she (he) has on her (his) head.

Rather, what is inside of it and how she (he) uses what is inside of her head.

Then, I try to find out how she/he thinks, feels, and looks to doing.

If, she does not have a mind, a heart, nor the feelings fo do anything, including what she wants, then there is, could be, a problem.

Whether she has, or has not, any hair is not what is important.
Yes, I know. However, I vaguely look like a film actor--people had told me this for almost 40 years. It gets really old, really, really, really old! I want a lover to love me, me, me, me for whom I am, not for some resemblance to some fantasy she has.
I've met plenty of women with out hair some had alopecia some just preferred their natural bald beauty, some had hair loss due to cancer (my mother). I've always found them to be very beautiful, sexy sensual or just drop dead gorgeous, I've turned my head on numerous occasions to have a 2nd, 3rd even a 9th or 10th look at a bald headed women. i truly find them beautiful.

They are/You are sensually glamorous
Hair can be anything but what I've realized I am most attracted to. Is Height, Weight, Skin tone, face shape,smile and Health. (Health being very important) I don't know if this makes sense but, I've always found women that shave seem to know there body more and are cleaner and healthier. It my be my location in the state, but its fairly common that nearly every women shaves where I live in CA. I find hair unattractive on a female if it shouldnt belong in a Western cultural sense. Alopecian women don't realize that they are phsyically desirable by so many cultures around the world
Predatory people visit this site. You know it. Predatory people probably visit most sites. If I had alopecia, I would be aware that there are people who might come on to me because they are attracted to people with alopecia.

I came here because I have known about alopecia at last 41 years. I have had friends who have it. I met people who have it. I have never dates anyone with alopecia or been intimate with any one who has the condition. I have not met anyone with whom I wanted to be intimate who has the condition.

Sexual attraction is complex--we all know that. But we are all potential victims of sexual exploitation. It must be awful for people to discover they have this illness. They have to deal with it—short term or long term. I personally think that remarkable people often post here. I might want to meet them, but I would never use this site as a ground for meeting people even though I might find someone here attractive. That would be a misuse of the site.

I don’t come here to download images for fantasies. I did come back to the forum because it is one of the most interesting I have found on the web. But I think it would be creepy to have alopecia and find out that your friend or lover sleeps with you because he or she is aroused by your illness. It would be strange to me from either side.

I have depression. I have probably had I all of my life. It is currently in remission and has been for almost two decades. It was not in remission during my over two decade marriage. The condition played a part in the loss of my marriage. Think how awful it would have been had the source of my wife’s attraction to me was that illness! Awful notion but possible, I suppose.

Again and in summary, what binds us are complex forces. Having to worry about predators is always part of the picture. It is a valid fear.

I am not likely to remarry. I am old, poor, not all that attractive anymore, and in all reality a eunuch. So I think that I have a little bit of distance on the matter. And that wisedom is take care!
This has been great to read, so many honest opinions, and all you loving men. It just saddens me that my ex could not have felf the same, after 20yrs of marraige I was still the same person, just like him bald! He did me a favor really, I now am the real me, not what he moulded.
Send some of those lovely single men this way !!!!!!!!!!
I think we're kidding ourselves. The average bloke on the street doesn't like bald women. It's only guys on here and guys wh ohave alopecia themselves who are ok with it. We live in a superficial world, where looks do count.

God, i'm just having such a hard time with it lately, apologies. I just hate it so much. I had this one guy interested in me, and so i told hims traight away about my alopecia, and he came back and was fine with it, but now he doesn't even acknowledge me or reply to my messages or anything. God. I hate it.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service