I have a job interview next week and I am wondering if right off the bat, I should tell them I have alopecia and am actually a very healthy man? You know, just to avoid the "cancer" looks? Should I just say it so the interview can move on along?

I sometimes get questions about whether I have cancer. I was at my dentist last week and he wasn't going to extract a tooth because he didn't know I was "going through chemo." Yaaaar.

I don't want to be written off because of something they may think but are too afraid to ask.

Views: 135

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Very Cool! The last few jobs I've interviewed for never asked me why I'm bald, but hey, I'm a guy and bald is kind of "in" right now. I was going to say that, during an interview, if they don't ask, don't bring it up. If they really want to know they will ask. Eventually "the question" is bound to come up. Usually when someone finally notices that you don't have eyebrows or eyelashes, or any hair on your arms, etc. The last job I had it went almost six months before someone finally asked! For all you gals who go natural: Wow! Fantastic! Good for you!!
YOU GOT THE JOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS How COOL is THAT!!!!!
Now all your focus can be on the job, and making yourself absolutley PRICELESS!
I am very happy for you...!!!!!! The phone was ringing before you even got back home and settled!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Congrats on getting the job Mike.

Jeff
Yay Mike!!! Now can you get me in.... LOL
Hey Mike,

Have you had the interview yet?
After working at the same place for 17 years I "retired".(Another story)
I applied for an open position. Interviewed without hair or mention of it and got the job.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Jeff

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service