Hi!
OK I have had alopecia since I was 15, I have always worn synthetic mono top wigs. I am ready for a better one. I want to swim and not worry about it. I want to have fun and not worry about it. I am sick of saying "I can't do that" when my son asks me to go down the water slides.
So please give me your advice on Vacuum wigs! Which ones do you have? Which are good? What were the costs around?
I have only really looked into the Freedom wig, and I love it, but I don't know if I can afford it. Are there any sort of payment plans??

Thank you!

-Erin

Views: 29809

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah they are soo expensive.. It is too bad. And we have no sort of subsidy here.
Good luck with your wig!

Hi Ladies

I understand that a Freedom wig can seem terribly expensive, but if looked after well they can last many years, while giving you the best features and benefits available for a wig. (security, comfort, good looks, versatility...freedom).

I have people in NZ that find this choice very cost effective.

Rosy

How much do freedom wigs cost?

Freedom wigs cost thousands of dollars.....

Freedom wigs cost far too much considering most of the hair is donated. They may be good wigs but not good enough to spend thousands on.

Hi Lisamarie

The hair that Freedom gets donated is always paid for. Freedom is a Private Company and would always pays for the hair they receive. In many instances those that donate do not wish to receive the money that is paid and ask Freedom to pass it on to the charity of their choice - often a charity that is helping people with alopecia.

I'm not sure where you got the information you have here but it is terribly misleading especially when those that donate are trying their best to help those without hair.

A Freedom wig does have the best hair possible but it also is totally (bespoke) Custom made. The only person that can wear your Freedom wig is you. It is truly an incredibly accurate piece of equipment which helps many people.

I disagree with you Lisamarie, these wigs are very worth it, but I totally support you in the choice of hair you want to wear. :)

Rosy

Why doesn't Freedom take the money that generous hair doners refuse and put it in a fund to offset the exorbitant cost of vacuum wigs for those who need it. I can't think of a better way of "helping people with alopecia"?

I second this Rose Marie! Why wouldn't you set up a subsidy fund for people with Alopecia that can't afford thousands of dollars for a wig. I mean, my daughter not only has alopecia, but also needs a kidney transplant. I obviously would choose the transplant over the hair because a new kidney would actually save her life, but I can't afford both! 

I love how we get no answer to this!

For those on a budget-the wigs sold on Lori's wigsite- made by Onrite/Gemtress and called Impressions, can do very well in swim situations. There is a cap style that is all hand tied and has a lot of thin skin around the perimeter and across the crown-it suctions onto your scalp. I just came back from a cottage holiday and took my old one with me and it was great. It is made of Asian hair so not my favorite hair now that it is older-but the ones made with EHH are about $1100. This cap that is almost vacuum-just needs a little tape at the ears.

hi liv i know this is an old post, but im really interested what the freedom wig was like, i have been looking at them. a bit pricey but are they worth the money?? thanks carol

Earlier this year, I paid $4500 for a 12 inch vs Liv $3100 - based on today's conversion - for a 14 inch. Very interesting, why is there such a big difference?

I do not understand why Freedom does not post prices on its site. The grippers by Follea prices are clearly stated on its website even they are also sold thru their independent agents.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service