HI All!

March 1, 2019 marked my 1 year Tofacitinib.

Either Xeljanz and or Generic Tofacinix from Beacon Pharma in Bangladesh.

Started on 10mg per day and bumped up to 15 mg per day in August of 2018.

I saw my doc at Columbia University in NYC on my 1 year mark.

He drew my labs and everything came back great!

I've currently been on 3 pills per day of Tofacinix (approx 15mg per day with probable slight dosage variation due to it being a generic)

My doc has me starting to wean off the meds, here is his plan for me:

I went down to 2 pills per day (10 mg per day) starting March 1,2019

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to go down to 1 pill per day.

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to try to go off completely.

Update on Pfizer Xeljanz co-pay coupon. The Co-Pay coupon is now 3 months FREE

You can use it once per year. It wasn't free for me last year, but it is now!

I called in and activated the coupon with Pfizer and next day walked out of the pharmacy in NYC with 180 free pills of Xeljanz. So I will be on the name brand for 3 months and then will switch back to my stockpile of Beacon generic.

No side effects. Current pics below. Last time I buzzed was Dec 16, 2018

Also a baseline pic from March 1, 2018

Thanks for all of your support guys and wishing everyone here healing in whatever way it comes.

Love of love,

N

Views: 42705

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great progress!
I'm coming off Prednisone myself as it didn't show enough evidence to be working.

Did you experience any acne while on Prednisone? 

I had a "moon" face on 60mg and acne. Reducing to 20mg is helping a lot with acne.

What dosage are you taking?

Nat this is great!!! 

I didn’t know you had made the move to xeljanz. 

Looking beatiful!! I’m so happy for you. Are you still working with kabigting ? 

I have to thank you, Nicole, for all my progress! From this site and you, I found out about Xeljanz. 

I am working with Dr.Kabigting but I increased Xeljanz to 15mg by myself. Also, I am working with a local rheumatologist who prescribed Prednisone and gives me Xeljanz samples for free. 

Great!! You are looking beautiful!!

So thrilled for you

x

Thanks to you and this site!

What rheumatologist do you go to?

AtlantiCare group in NJ.

wooow

what doctor gives you free pill? 

Please please please give references! :)

Hi Nat ! You look amazing ! 

Can I ask how long was you AU?

Did you take xeljanz first then predisilone? Or take them simultaneously?

And what is your regime for take the both tablets ? As I’ve heard you cannot take them both at the same time/day?

Thank you !

Hi Singh,

My AU was for 1 year.

I take 5mg of Tofacitinib first thing the morning, then prednisone with breakfast. And Xeljanz XR 11mg before bed.

I reduced Prednisone from 60mg to 20m now.

I tried Prednisone before without Xeljanz and all hair fell out within 3 weeks of stopping Prednisone. I hope, that Xeljanz will be able to keep my hair when I get off Prednisone completely.

Thank you 

Thank you for replying Nat!

Oh cool, as I am considering taking it to give my head a boost as I have tried Pred in the past and 80% of my hair grew but fell out once of it. Do you know anything about steroid pulsing ? 

What does your dr feel or say about you taking pred along side xeljanz ?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service