HI All!

March 1, 2019 marked my 1 year Tofacitinib.

Either Xeljanz and or Generic Tofacinix from Beacon Pharma in Bangladesh.

Started on 10mg per day and bumped up to 15 mg per day in August of 2018.

I saw my doc at Columbia University in NYC on my 1 year mark.

He drew my labs and everything came back great!

I've currently been on 3 pills per day of Tofacinix (approx 15mg per day with probable slight dosage variation due to it being a generic)

My doc has me starting to wean off the meds, here is his plan for me:

I went down to 2 pills per day (10 mg per day) starting March 1,2019

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to go down to 1 pill per day.

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to try to go off completely.

Update on Pfizer Xeljanz co-pay coupon. The Co-Pay coupon is now 3 months FREE

You can use it once per year. It wasn't free for me last year, but it is now!

I called in and activated the coupon with Pfizer and next day walked out of the pharmacy in NYC with 180 free pills of Xeljanz. So I will be on the name brand for 3 months and then will switch back to my stockpile of Beacon generic.

No side effects. Current pics below. Last time I buzzed was Dec 16, 2018

Also a baseline pic from March 1, 2018

Thanks for all of your support guys and wishing everyone here healing in whatever way it comes.

Love of love,

N

Views: 42704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nat 

last question ! Re prednisone. Did you take 60 mg 3

days each month or did you take them daily ? 

Thanks for your help ! 

Hi Magmck,

I took 60 mg/day every day for 30 days, then 50 mg/ day every day for 30 days. The plan was to reduce 10mg each month. But I had to reduce quickly due to side effects. My third month I took: First week 40 mg/ day, Second week - 30mg/day, third week 20mg/day, fourth week - 10 mg/ day, fifth week - 5 mg/day.

I think that 60mg per day was too much for my weight (140lb).

Please be careful with Prednisone.

Good luck!

hello, I am a bad responder of xeljanz in the hair, it will be 1 year and 4 months, I developed a strategy I take 10 mg of generic xeljanz and 2 mg of generic baricitinib I have not tested in the laboratory I hope to trust beacon, I have already tested tofacinix, I paid 650 euro and I have to pay a new 650 euro the laboratory. if any of you can do it cheaper or for free I can send some pills. it's been a week since I'm under xeljanz and baricitinib. I'll let you know if it works because baricitinib is an inhibitor jak 1,2 and xeljanz 1,3 according to some research classes 1, 2 are more effective especially ruxolitinib

Good luck Kevin ! Can I ask how much hair growth have you had with just using xeljanz? Was you AU?

And good luck Kevin I hope you get all your back !

Kind regards 

Good luck with your new therapy. I too am looking at starting generic xeljanz from beacon and also concerned if drug is genuine and safe. I finally made contact with beacon and looking to find a reputable laboratory to test a sample of the medication. Please let me know what you find out and I will do the same. 

Cheers

TS

I’m shedding a lot! Please if someone knows something that helps, DM me.

Would love to know also. I stopped taking it because of the shed. Was losing the hair I had left and got too scared. 

What do you mean? Did u lose your hair because of Xeljanz?

After a few days of taking zelijanz I started shedding hair rapidly all over. Including my eyebrows which I’m trying to hold on to as long as possible. Got scared and stopped, wondering if anyone has a similar experience. 

I’m taking Xeljanz 15mg everyday. I’m shedding really much hair. 

When you stopped did your hair stopped shedding?

Hi Nicole,

Did your shedding stop on 20mg?

Hello!

I'm curious if anyone here ordering from Beacon has successfully used something like Transferwise to send payment for your order. Thanks!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service