HI All!

March 1, 2019 marked my 1 year Tofacitinib.

Either Xeljanz and or Generic Tofacinix from Beacon Pharma in Bangladesh.

Started on 10mg per day and bumped up to 15 mg per day in August of 2018.

I saw my doc at Columbia University in NYC on my 1 year mark.

He drew my labs and everything came back great!

I've currently been on 3 pills per day of Tofacinix (approx 15mg per day with probable slight dosage variation due to it being a generic)

My doc has me starting to wean off the meds, here is his plan for me:

I went down to 2 pills per day (10 mg per day) starting March 1,2019

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to go down to 1 pill per day.

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to try to go off completely.

Update on Pfizer Xeljanz co-pay coupon. The Co-Pay coupon is now 3 months FREE

You can use it once per year. It wasn't free for me last year, but it is now!

I called in and activated the coupon with Pfizer and next day walked out of the pharmacy in NYC with 180 free pills of Xeljanz. So I will be on the name brand for 3 months and then will switch back to my stockpile of Beacon generic.

No side effects. Current pics below. Last time I buzzed was Dec 16, 2018

Also a baseline pic from March 1, 2018

Thanks for all of your support guys and wishing everyone here healing in whatever way it comes.

Love of love,

N

Views: 42731

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes mine were expiry dates 3 months apart but now im getting them 2 months apart, i think they have increased frequency of production as of late..

Wow looks like the medicine sure did the trick. Wish my derm would prescribe this to me. I get several kenalog injections every couple of months. I am making decent progress but it doesn't seem to completely stop the shedding. I was diagnosed with AA about two years ago and lost about 40 percent of the hair on my head. I have now regrown most of it back. Yet I still shed a little.   Thanks for sharing your progress.  It's inspiring and shows that there is hope for this nuisance. 

Your derm makes more money giving you injections. I’d consider a different doc....

Six months on Xeljanz plus 3 months on Prednisone. First haircut from AU.

Holy wow Nat!!! Amazing!! What xeljanz doseage are you on??

Hi Nicole,

I am on 15 mg. I had to color my hair - 60% gray.

How is your progress? 

great progress! How long did it take for you hair to come back once on Xeljanz?

Nat,

i dont know you and yet I want to hug you!! So happy to see it working for you.

Sheila 

Thank you Sheila!

I noticed tiny hairs by the end of second month. But at that time, I was taking 60mg of Prednisone per day for 1 month already. I think, that Prednisone sped up the regrowth.

Hi Nat. 

Congrats ! You must be thrilled.  Can I ask you a question? . I’m starting Tofacitinib from Beacon hopefully if my doctor will agree to monitoring.  Regarding the prednisone was the dosage in the form of steroid pulsing or did you take that dose on a daily basis. If my doctor agrees to monitoring then I would like to ask about Co therapies 

thanks very much 

Wow amazing Nat !

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service