HI All!

March 1, 2019 marked my 1 year Tofacitinib.

Either Xeljanz and or Generic Tofacinix from Beacon Pharma in Bangladesh.

Started on 10mg per day and bumped up to 15 mg per day in August of 2018.

I saw my doc at Columbia University in NYC on my 1 year mark.

He drew my labs and everything came back great!

I've currently been on 3 pills per day of Tofacinix (approx 15mg per day with probable slight dosage variation due to it being a generic)

My doc has me starting to wean off the meds, here is his plan for me:

I went down to 2 pills per day (10 mg per day) starting March 1,2019

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to go down to 1 pill per day.

After 3 months, if no shedding, no patches, he wants me to try to go off completely.

Update on Pfizer Xeljanz co-pay coupon. The Co-Pay coupon is now 3 months FREE

You can use it once per year. It wasn't free for me last year, but it is now!

I called in and activated the coupon with Pfizer and next day walked out of the pharmacy in NYC with 180 free pills of Xeljanz. So I will be on the name brand for 3 months and then will switch back to my stockpile of Beacon generic.

No side effects. Current pics below. Last time I buzzed was Dec 16, 2018

Also a baseline pic from March 1, 2018

Thanks for all of your support guys and wishing everyone here healing in whatever way it comes.

Love of love,

N

Views: 42738

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi ryan.  which email responded to you?  

Wow Nicole you look amazing ! Absolutely stunning ! Thank you for taking your time out and updating us and also letting us know about the generic tofacitinib.

All the best.

Thanks Singh!!

Hi everyone, 

On the back of Nicole's amazing success, I wanted to show everybody my 6 month progress on Tofacitinib. I started the drug on the 25th of October, 2018 and at the end of this month will reach 6 months on it. I am uploading this early as I will be away when I hit the 6 month mark. As you can see, some good progress has occurred for me in these 6 months. There is still a few stubborn spots but there does seem to be some progression with them. The photos show me at 1 month, 2 months, 4 months and then a few days ago.

I have the Dermatologist on Tuesday who in September told me there was nothing he could do and he would not give me any more treatment and thought my outlook poor. From this appointment, I then came on here looking for answers and Nicole led me on to Tofacitinib from Beacon! Look at me now! So I am looking forward to see what the Dermatologist has to say but I am going to be honest with him and tell him I am on the drug.

I have a wedding next week which I am really nervous about as it will be the first time people have seen me without wearing a hat in a long time, plus my ex will be there who last seen me with hair. I am going to shave my head for this though and try and be confident! I am still self conscious about it.  

Anyway, thanks for reading this far.

I am currently on 3 x 5mg tablets a day.

Thanks, 

Steve

Photo%201.JPG

Photo%202.JPG

Photo%203.JPG

Photo%204.JPG

Great results! Yep, stay confident and you will crush it! 

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing your experience, So happy for you that you got this great regrowth. Congrats on your wedding. 

One question, Have you experienced any side effects with Tofacitinib? I'm going to enroll in a trail and I'm a bit hesitated. 

Thanks,

Saeed

Hi Steven absolutely amazing results mate !! So happy for you mate !!

You look awesome ! 

Ive been on tofacinix for 4 months and 10 days and I have my eyebrows and eyelashes back and beard is growing in, more my goatee area but can see vellus hairs on the rest of my beard.

Howver my scalp hasn’t really took off although I have loads of small vellus hairs.

Any suggestions ? 

Singh this is totally normal!

i got face and body hair back first and vellus on head and then brown head hairs around 5-6 months. 

How many pills per day are you taking?

Hi Nicole,

My vellus hairs are not the way I can see yours it’s more when I shine light on my head then I can see them.. so am thinking is it worth steroid pulsing ? Although facial has come back first so thinking should I wait it out? 

Im on now 4 pills a day.

Thank you for any advice.

Hi Singh what dosage are you taking?

Ahhhhhh!!!!! YES!! Looking amazing. Leopard spots! So radical and so cool looking!!

This is right the point where i threw away the wig and started rocking it and just make it look cool!!

Buzz it 1/4” and slay them with those beautiful baby blues and those EPIC eyebrows I want to hug you right now. Home stretch youve got only like 2 months to go for full refrowth. 

I remeber I did my first job without a wig when I was at this point. (I produce big location fashion Photo and video shoots)

The night before I felt terrified but then I just sucked it up kicked ass at my job made myself be confident. I had a hat just Incase but I found myself taking it off most the time cuz I wanted to just show I had nothing to hide I was a cool punk leopard ha!

and was able to tell ppl about what I had been though and people loved my honestly and were fascinated with my story.  and one girl told me she went through alopecia on college and she was so happy to know she wasn’t alone!

Xoxoxox let us know how if goes!!

Hi, this is my progress - AU . 2.5 months on Xelzanj 15mg + 2 months on Prednison from 60mg down to 20 mg. 

Attachments:

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service