Hi All,

Here are my results after 9 months.

Notice, virtually no results until about 5 months

Note that I kept buzzing my head the entire time, hence no growth in length, just filling in.

XELJANZ%20RESULTS.jpeg

Views: 6504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Steve thanks man ! Yeh true everyone is different I guess. I’m taking 15mg a day from the 5th week as I had alopecia for a long time! But to people who are taking 10mg a day and it’s working, I would stick to that dose. My doctor recommended I go up to 15mg a day.

i had a cold when I started and sore throat but it cleared up with some tlc. Good luck Steve and too everyone who is on this journey! 

Keep us updated mate.

Most with AU seem to respond at 15mg. Anyone recall if someone with AA had success with 10mg? 

Hi TC, 

I think there has been a few people respond with 10 mg but they either have not had alopecia for a long time or either only have AA rather than AT and AU. Although maybe there has been a few who having responded to 10mg who have had AU.

Thanks cocopuffz17 for the kind words. True it’s a good logic to use! I guess I have to be patient. How long have you been using it? You take any additional vitamins?

I don’t use the drugs. I went with a different approach. I went on a paleo diet for 15 months with zero supplements and had 80%-85% success, but got frustrated and quit because I didn’t get 100%. Went back to my old lifestyle, got progressively worse. Turned to partial AU and lost all arm/leg/chest hair. Knew I had to make some changes or I’d lose it everywhere on my body. So 80-90 days ago I started on a lectin free diet with supplementation. I have a lot of vellus hairs on my legs/arms. All my scalp hair has returned and slowly gaining pigment similar to Nicole’s progression pictures. It’s a slow but worth while battle! I take 1000 mg of DHA a day, 20,000 IU of vitamin d, probiotic, b12, and a few others for gut health. The results are great and I feel amazing! 

That’s amazing cocopuffz! I do believe diet is a big part of why alopecia occurs ! If only they did research on what causes alopecia ( why and how t-cells attack ) rather then how to treat it. But am not going to complain as having a treatment is life saving for people who have this disease!

Thanks for the vitamin list I will try adding some.

best of luck with the natural root mate !

kind regards 

Thanks! The book I follow has an in depth explanation on why autoimmune diseases happen and have numerous decades of success stories on the matter. I believe 100% it is diet, especially from my two experiences in diets and how they have been the only thing to improve my condition. I have dealt with many doctors and have had no improvement through their methods. I personally just don’t want to do the drug method as it is not fixing the cause, only treating the symptoms. But I understand that is not the route for everyone. Tofac has a lot of success behind it and I wish everyone good luck! 

So Glad for you Cocopuffz17!

Keep us posted!

For me I did extremely strict Autoimmune Protocal diet for 8 months.

Lectin free, dairy free, grain free, sugar free, you name it, but diet was no help for me (however i did lose about 15 lbs so that was nice)

But I do know of ppl who have cured progressing AA with strict diet or with vit D therapy.

Keep us posted on your progress!

xo

I’m curious to know what you ate during your diet? I thought mine was good and I learned from this book that a majority of the things I still ate were part of the problem! Yes, I use a fair amount of supplements. Which are helping. But as you know the regrowth and repigmentation is a slow patient process. 

Yes cocopuffz what was your book you followed??

I may try it for when I try to wean down my doseage!

I always wondered if i was still eating some things that werent good for my condition.

Can you post that book plz mate ? Will look into it ?

https://www.alopeciaworld.com/forum/topics/aa-for-3-4-years-partial...   It’s in my post. I will update it when I get back from my snowboarding trip 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service