HI Guys,

I'm on Generic Tofacitinib from Bengladesh.

On Aug 10, I increased doseage from 10 mg to 15 mg per day.

I started March 1, with not one hair on my head. no eyebrows very few lashes.

Here is my pic today as compared next to 4 weeks ago.

Right Side:

Left Side:

Baseline March 1:

Views: 9002

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a feeling that must be !! So happy for you Nicole :)

Hi Nicole,

How long can you take Tofacitinib? Your progress is amazing!!!

HI Nat!

Most doctors work to try to reduce your dosage over time, but currently, most people need to stay on it to keep their hair.

I currently have no plans to decrease my dosage.

I personally have no problem taking a daily medication to maintain my bodys autoimmune balance.

You will be in such good hands with Dr. Fil he is amazing and so calming and reassuring!

It's great to hear. I can't find any good doctor in my area. I have an appointment with Dr. Fil on November 28th. Please text me if you can meet for coffee. I appreciate your support!

HI Nat!

So bummed im going to be working in new jersey that day but lets talk after your appointmet! If anything changes and I can meet you i will let you know!

Hi Nicole! Did you go to Columbia university in the United States for your appointment? I’m looking for a doctor to visit about my condition 

yes just sent you his info in a separate thread!

number is

212-326-8465

Dr Kabigting

Love him!!

Hi guys,

Just a wee update from me. I started the Beacon tofacitinib on the 25th of October with zero eyebrows, 50% eyelashes and around 5% head hair. I had a wee cold to start with but I had it slightly before starting, but it went away pretty quickly with some good old TLC. 

My head hair loss progressed rapidly within this time frame but I think it was just hair that was already gone. I have noticed significant difference in my eyebrows. I had literally none and now I have lots of white hairs back. Please see the photo attached. I will take more photos shortly for full progress but this seems like a good start to me!

All the best.

20181125_102303.jpg

Hi Steve 

did you find a doctor to monitor your blood? I asked a dermatologist whom I previously attended and she replied by saying she was unwilling to supervise as would my GP as the drug is unlicensed  I would’ve too worried to  take it without medical supervision /advise

.... and great to see you’re responding! Good start. There’s a private medical company ( (aspire) I’ll check with and let you know how I get on- look forward to hearing of your progress :-) 

great Steve!

Would love to see pics in a month!

Looking good Steve ! Seems like it’s working mate 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service