I am looking for other people in central alberta with alopecia who might be interested in starting a local support group. My 6 year old son would love to meet other people with alopecia!

Views: 524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi to the Grandma who posted yesterday.

We have an informal support group in Calgary with a few other children/tweens.

If you'd like to join us we meet monthly, usually the first Tuesday or Thursday of the month.

feel free to email me at:  thefourniers@shaw.ca

and I can pass along information about the Group.

Thanks,

Sandra

Hi Beckie, 

I'm in Edmonton and am young female who has had alopecia univeralis all my life. I think I had a pretty good childhood with alopecia - there really wasn't too much bullying. Either that, or I was completely oblivious (which is possible)! I have not gone to the Edmonton Support Group because I can never find information on it. But I would be willing to meet up or just chat. Message me. 

Hi JBean,

If you go the CANAAF website, the Edmonton support group always posts their meetings on there.  They also have a FB page.  I believe they are meeting this weekend.

Cheers - Sandra

Anyone want to chat with me I live in Calgary also with AU all my life haha.. Very optimistic ....would love to meet some local people!

I live in legal ab.Both my 6 year old son and myself have AU. I'm always up for meet other alopecians as is my boy since he's never met anyone his age that is the same as him.

Hi Beckie,

We have a support group in Calgary and Edmonton if you are ever interested in attending.  Both groups have children.  You could also inquire with www.canaaf.com as they may be able to connect you with others in your area.

All the best - Sandra 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service