This weekend I had 2 really bad experiences. One was where I was in a restaurant sitting beside a table where a lady & her husband was sitting. The moment she saw me she started joking with her husband that I am wearing a wig & its funny. :(. I had to change the table coz I wasnt in mood to fight back but, I did give an angry look at her whenever she tried to stare at me.
Another was when I was standing outside & 2 women started speaking loudly with each other & laughing and saying "hey is she wearing a wig or what?? Go & ask her!!!" That idiot lady was actually coming towards me to ask this!!!!!!!!!!! Before she got the chance to come near me to ask or maybe stare more, I moved away from there. :(....I HATE SUCH RUDE PEOPLE!

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is soooo ridiculous! Keep hanging in there!
Well said, Mike. I agree. The world is full of people with values we don't share.

There's no percentage in aiming to get approval from people like that. Ignore them.

You don't need nor need to seek the approval of everyone out there. Having a "selective" view means never letting irrelevant people on your radar for more than a nanosecond.

There is no way to control the views and actions of others you meet randomly.The only person you can control is yourself. Focus on that and the jerks you come across will barely make a dent in your day.

Letting the rudeness of other people " get to you" means you need more practice in believing that "jerks are irrelevant to my life" . With that core belief, you can easily move on. I'm stuck next to rude, selfish jerks on airplanes from time to time. It's no different. You have to form your own methods for blocking them out of your day/life. I'll get up and move to another seat (if I can) rather than subject myself to the obnoxious manners of a seat mate. Getting all steamed up means they would have succeeded in ruining my flight.
Hi Mike,
U r absolutely rite about this. They cannot solve probs in their own life, they themselves r not perfect, but still they find faults in others.
Silly Idiotic people!
I think that those people are in for the shock of their lives when something happens to them that shakes up their world. They lack compassion and empathy and I feel more sorry for them than I do for you.
Thats true! :)
Tks Tanya for all the encouragement.
U r rite, looks dont matter, its our nature.
Looks can be deceiving!
People are rude...rude...rude beyond belief.....I have had similar experiences.......... Feel like going up to them and saying "hey it could happen to you".......
Thats rite Lori. They will realize their mistake wen it will happen to them.
Plzz try not to feel bad abt such things, when they say something tell it to the who is with u like ur friend, etc. he or she will scold them for good, Im sure such ppl will have to pay for their karmas one day, God will punish them, they will also have such probs in future... First try to ignore, if u cant then try to fight back instead of keeping it in ur mind.

love u, tc.
you should've punched them or something! they would've deserved it. I hope you will be okay i get this all the time because i dont wear wigs. x
HI Hilary,
I also want to punch them, but I stop myself coz they can do worse to make me embarass like pulling my wig in front of all those people or something. It will make me cry like anything.
Hi Priya

Firstly I want to tell you your name is beautiful.. We've named my daughter Priya, we live in Australia, I'm Engligh/Australian and my husband is English/Indian, his family is from Goa originally. We went to India for our honeymoond, it's an amazing contrasting place.
I do hope you find the strength to deal with uneducated people. If I use the word alopecia over here, people just look lost as they have no idea what it is. I can still comb my hair and hide my spot at the moment, sometimes I forget and people just look shocked.

Take care
Tracey

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service