This weekend I had 2 really bad experiences. One was where I was in a restaurant sitting beside a table where a lady & her husband was sitting. The moment she saw me she started joking with her husband that I am wearing a wig & its funny. :(. I had to change the table coz I wasnt in mood to fight back but, I did give an angry look at her whenever she tried to stare at me.
Another was when I was standing outside & 2 women started speaking loudly with each other & laughing and saying "hey is she wearing a wig or what?? Go & ask her!!!" That idiot lady was actually coming towards me to ask this!!!!!!!!!!! Before she got the chance to come near me to ask or maybe stare more, I moved away from there. :(....I HATE SUCH RUDE PEOPLE!

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Priya,

I way just visiting your page and saw this topic. This is really mean what they did. I hope & pray you will learn how to deal with it better. I think its better that you deal with your inward self than your outward self. If we all agree we have all heard these remarks said about us. Even children out of being curious will say "mommy why is she bald" (I smile) The truth is they don't know any better. and i mark it off like that... if they keep going on and on to the point of making me mad, i will say "Yes i am bald for a medical reason! Do you have a cure??? !"

I went to a my ex friends house, he let me meet his friends across the street. A married couple he has known for years! The woman kept saying how nice my hair looks and and kept staring at it ( I mean standing over me looking into it as if it was going to tell her future). She would not stop talking about it (she was a nurse), i knew she wanted me to say it was a wig but i refused even though i was uncomfortable. But i just left and never returned! end of story :).

I am glad you posted here. I hope you feel better now.
Tks a lot Sam for all the encouragement! :-)
I do feel better.
Yesterday again, a rude incident happened, but I didnt make it ruin my day. A girl asked me whether my hair is real or not & even touched it to c whether it is or not. It was so rude & I told her "DONT TOUCH MY HAIR". I am glad it made her stop.
Good for you, if they can be bold be just as BOLD if not bolder. She should not touch your hair thats rude and bold ... she should not ask about weather your hair is real or not! Best Wished Priya! Do they have lace wigs there?
Oh yah sometimes we have to be them to tell them how we feel!
YEs we have one manufacturer who make lace wigs, but I didnt find it suitable.
Yea i understand. i hate wigs period, i remember writing an essay for school at 15 during my alopecia areata days the covering up stages(which got an A on if it hadn't i would have cried for for the tell all story lol) but in it i wrote "I WILLL NEVER WEAR A WIG! They are hot and ugly!" as soon as i graduated i bought a wig LOL. Things change, people change.... i have change. now i am looking forward to spring and summer to sit in the park with my bald head soaking in the sun. I can see it now even with the snow on the ground. Do whatever you need to do to be comfortable. don't worry about others there will alaways be someone to talk. I remember my curly wig, my family loved it friednds would say they liked it. But i was outside and 2 teens called me a cha cha chia pet. LOL i laughed it was funny. But i didn;t stop wearing my wig i wore that style for 2 years. I liked it.
Years ago I was in an organization where a too tactile but nice guy, used to come up behind women at the registration table unnannounced and try to massage their shoulders. Kind of in solidarity that we were doing a stressful job and he was there to relieve our stress. He didn't mean anything sexual or rude..but it was not appropriate. When I found myself at the receiving end of this gesture and not wanting to offend, but wanting to get the message across I found the most effective tactic was to lightly take his hand off my shoulder, turn around and calmly say, " Your hands don't belong on me." I only had to say it once. Friendship preserved.

Thea
www.baldgirlsdolunch.org
Love this!
Thats a gud way to set things rite!!
Oh thats really rude of them to do to u Elena. I just hope people start respecting others irrespective of their looks. I am really waiting for that day!
That is soooo ridiculous! Keep hanging in there!
Ya Rachel, I am doing my best to deal with such people.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service