Does anybody have a lace wig they sleep in, or where for a long period of time. The longest I can wear mine is 2 days. My lace wig just gets so uncomfortable and the tape constricts my head.. I want to be able to have natural looking wig. You know style it, put it up and so on.. Does anybody have any suggestions? Am I just putting my wig on wrong or something.. Did anybody purchase a silk skin wig?

Thanks.

Views: 8901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey,

you should look into silkawigs.com That's where I got my most recent wig. its the nicest one ive ever had. not perfect but I'm starting to think maybe no wig is perfect? honestly though I think it could be with a couple changes which I would make when I order my next one. Ive been looking around to see if maybe I can find something better but its really so hard to know when you're just looking on websites..

anyways they do custom orders, mine is full hand tied with silk top and lace front, virgin European hair, 24 inches, it was about $800 Canadian. it is definitely the nicest hair I've had, been wearing wigs over 10 years now and have tried alot of differnet brands. has a really realistic silk top where the hair parts, and the hair is virgin so doesn't matte. I don't use any products except shampoo/cond and homemade hair oil serum. I sewed in poly strips at each temple and just use a small piece of the blue tape on either temple.

I don't sleep in mine because at the end of the day I really just want to take it off, but you probably could. however, if you do sleep it in make sure its secure and put it into a braid so the hair doesn't get matted..i honestly want to learn to sleep in my wigs so that its easier if I'm staying at a friend or family members house..or romantic sleepovers, etc. So I am working on this too, I think a lot of people are. some people are also a lot more "princess and the pea" types as well if you know what I mean. and I totally am. everything on me and around me has to be super comfortable for me to go to sleep. I also hear sleeping on your back will avoid the wig shifting around as much.

ill see if I can attach some pictures of me wearing it.

I have had alopecia for 20 years. I started with synthetics but went through so many it was draining my bank account. I have since graduated to human hair lace front wigs. and yes, I wear them 24/7. My wigs usually last me for a year (sometimes a little longer). For me, (and I agree with Unfair2HaveHairThere, the trick to sleeping in them is to make sure I wear a silk bonnet and have a silk pillowcase, as this will reduce friction. I will either braid it into a ponytail or bun when sleeping also. Never sleep with wet or damp hair! I stay away from flat irons and blow drying. If I want curls I will do a heatless method. You can find these on youtube.

where do you get your wigs? are they virgin hair?

I really would like to learn to sleep in mine, it would make life a lot easier. a satin bonnet and pillowcase seem like a great idea too.

Hello Halina,

I usually order from virgin Brazilian from finelacewigs.com, although sometimes I order virgin Malaysian from qdhairbeauty.com which is a Chinese vendor. The picture above is from the first company, and looking back at my invoice it was ordered on Feb 20, 2016, and is still going strong.

Yes, a silk or satin bonnet or pillowcase keeps it from damage for me, but both has to be the same material. The only thing I use on the hair is conditioner to co-wash, and a tiny bit of coconut oil as a leave in conditioner so it will retain moisture but not become too oily. 

thank you so much! I will look into those two sites.

how did you find the density on top of the wig? the one I have now is really beautiful virgin hair, silk top, lace front, but the density was too thick on top and I had to pluck out a lot of hairs which was annoying and is still a bit too thick for how I would want it.

Not sure about other people, but my bio hair was really thick so I don't have to pluck out the hair because the density is fine for me. Also, With finelacewigs you can choose from 120 density with 100 in the front, or 150 - 180 density throughout, but with qdhairbeauty you can customize a wig to whatever density you'd like. 

I forgot to add, I only use distilled water to wash and rinse the hair. Makes a world of difference.

Yes!  ^^^^  Huge, huge difference between tap water and distilled on both synth and human. 

Funny enough, sometimes my silk sleep cap is so silky it comes off before morning...a few bobby pins will fix that if you remember to keep them bedside and/or aren't too lazy to get back up to pin it on.  :-) 

Gorgeous hair on both of you, Halina and Crowning Glory.  

I use wraps at night so that the bond on the glue and lace front don't tug and stay intact then I put the rest of my hair in a sleeping cap to keep it from getting tangled or messy at night. I live in Tallahassee,Florida so finding things for my units are fairly easy. YouTube has been a God sent to me. I watch every type of wig "how to" videos recorded by women who are experts in all things wigs, and come from family's whose have generations of women who wear wish. Hope that helps

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service