I have had eczema my entire life. At times, it has been pretty severe. Right now is one of those times. I went to the dermatologist and he did some skin biopsies for skin lupus. I have heard of lupus before and know what that is. I have never heard of skin lupus before. I was wondering if anyone else has this, or how common lupus is among people with alopecia.

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rachel

Lupus is another auto immune condition. It is not common among those with alopecia but there are people that have Lupus and alopecia.

Sorry I don't have a lot of information, but hope that helps a little.

Rosy
Rachel,
I was just reading your post and I saw this one on skin lupus so I asked my mom if she had ever heard of this before and she told me that my aunt has skin lupus. She is not related by blood... cuz I don't know if this is passed down the blood line, but she is my father's, brother's wife. I am interested in learning more about skin lupus now. Have the doctors told you anything new since this post? Just curious to know if you have been diagnosed with it or not. BTW... I have eczema also but just on the palms of my hands.
Curious..

~Kristen~

Hi!

Loss of hair could be a sign of a Lupus. Inflamed skin on the scalp causes the hair to weaken and become easily breakable. Signs in adults also include problems in beards and even in the pubic hair. It is a very common symptom and perhaps the initial one to manifest. Recently I read an article about Lupus. Check it out for more information about causes, symptoms, and treatments of it.

I have AU and I've been told that I also have lupus.  Lupus is a strange thing.  I get flare ups in my mouth.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service