Which vacuum wigs are better, Peggy Knight or Freedom wigs (or others)? Also how would you compare vacuum wigs in general to lace front wigs that have to be applied with glue? Do they hold more heat or are they about the same? Also how have your experiences been with these two companies?

Views: 3812

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How much did the gripper cost? My insurance will pay $300 a year for a wig. I'm sure it will cost much more than that for a Peggy Knight. Please let me know how much they cost.
Yes,they do cost much more. I had to save up for mine. But I am sure glad I did. It really enhanced my security (that it wont fall off) anc comfort (I was breaking out with sores on my head from the tapes). Good luck and Ihope you find something that works good for you.
Robbin

Up until recently, both Freedom and Peggy Knight vacuums were made in the same factory. The only difference was that the PK ones were the original ones made by Freedom (with a glued layer which was a bit more stiff), and the Freedom version, since 2008, (Freedom II cap) is all silicone with no glue and is thinner and more flexible. However, since January 2012, Peggy Knight no longer offers the New Zealand vacuum. Freedom Hair was always the manufacturer and still is.

Hi Dielle,
I totally understand wanting to move away from the adhesives...I was in the exact same boat. My adhesives left my skin red after a while and if I sweat, stopped being adhesive! Honestly, I loved my Freedom Wig from the moment I put it on. I have a piece that is 2 years old and still looking fab and wearing well...they are amazing, so much so that I became a representative up in Canada for Freedom (so yes I'm biased, but I've worn everything from synthetics to lace based wigs before I came across a Freedom piece) Freedom backs up their hairpieces with a 1 year warranty against manufacturer's defects and all of the reps have alopecia so they know first hand all the emotions involved in finding a good hairpiece. The reps are open and honest about the benefits and some limitations of the hairpiece (there are very few) and they are really there to make sure you are informed about everything about the piece. Honestly, I am such an active person running, camping, hiking, swimming, canoeing, playing volleyball that the Freedom Wig was the only wig that brought me confidence when I did these activities (my other wigs tended to shift on me...ahhhhhhh!) I probably shouldn't be promoting my product on here but honestly I really believe it increased my self-confidence and acceptance of my alopecia and I love sharing my experience if allowed. Contact your Freedom agent in the area for any and all information you want to know about Freedom. The reps in the States are amazing and honest...there is no pressure sales pitch so continue researching.
Warm Wishes,
Jenn

Karen Peterik, Debbi Fuller, Kim Karacz, Stephanie Rogers, Ginny Mendez, Jody Gorski, Donna Schillaci and Jaine Frank are all agents for Freedom.  Peggy Knight does not sell vacuums any longer.  When she did, they were made by Freedom.  Hope this clears up any confusion.  Freedom vacuums do not require any tape or glue.  You can get lengths up to 16 inches but some colors are not easily found as the hair is not processed.

How can someone become a Rep for Freedom Wigs? I love mine and have suffered with hair loss for 26 years. My Rep was awesome. It's a very emotional experience that's for sure. I am just curious

Hi Jen, I don't think that Freedom is currently looking for any new reps, but you can contact them directly and ask.  I see that you are from Ohio.  There is already an agent there, Jody Gorski.  We don't have many agents because each one has to cover a lot of area to make it a worthwhile business.  I'm very happy that you love your Freedom!!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service