Patches are still visible even when I shaved my hair. Any advice for me?

Hi Guys,

I shaved my hear completely but we can still see the patches where there are no hairs because there is a contrast between the areas where I still have hair and the patches.

If you were in the same situation, what did you do to make it more homogeneous and to make it not too visible?? Any creams, products...?

I am so desperate about this.

Thanks very much for your help,

Vincent

cf: on the photo, you can see a big spot where I don't have any hair on the back of my head.

Views: 4549

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

I am getting a close shave with an electric razor.
I just bought a product called "Toppik" which is hair fibers. I will let you know how it goes.

As for tanning, I tried it both with fake tanning lotion and UV tanning and it does not make the patches blend as I expected.

Thank for the advice, I will try the Nair product.
Happy holidays.

Hi Vince,

Which Toppik product did you buy?

i tried the head blade but didnt like it very much because the blades werent as sharp and my fusion so it pulled.

Vincent, Toppik will only work with longer hair as it adheres to your existing hairto give the illusion of a fuller head of hair. It really is a fantastic product but once you reach the point of too much thinning or scalp showing it will basically look like you sprinkled dirt on your head.

You can post your question/situation on www.slybaldguys.com and those guys will gladly assist you with the best solution.

Hi Jim

Thanks a lot for your answer. I will definitely have a look on the that website.
I actually thought what you said regarding Toppik but I am at the point where I am willing to try anything.
Also, have you heard of Couvre?? I really wonder how it works and how well it works for AA.

Best regards and happy holidays,
Vince

I agree with all the comments. Keep it shaved close and come color on the skin with a fake tan would help. I don't have alopecia but I shave my head and I do it everyday. My son has alopecia and sometimes gets patched of hair that I shave, so he sometimes has darker patches, but the hair is gone after a few days. He has been bald for about 3 years so his head is nice and tanned, that helps hide the patches when they do come in.

Hello Vincent my name is Sean. I do not have alopecia but I do know some guys in my last unit who did have male pattern baldness and they would bic their heads with a shaving razor and no one could tell they had the condition. I do not know if you had tried this before and that is only why I suggest it, I hope this was help for you Vincent!

Have you tried Dermatch? I use this product and really like it.

Good luck mate!!

Did you shave against the grain?

Yeah I did but still didn't help... :(

Have you got a good tan up top? That helps too.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service